Monday, October 28, 2019

{Review} The Tea Dragon Society, The Tea Dragon Festival, & Dewdrop by Katie O' Neill


Hey, guys!

This summer I fell deep into love with Katie O'Neill's writing style, art style, and overall skill. Her books are so engaging and entertaining. I've loved all three that I have read and they have been instant 5-star reads.  

If you adore beautiful art, wholesome and complex stories with wonderful and complex characters, and engaging story-lines --- YOU WILL LOVE THESE BOOKS! 

Please read these books! They deserve every bit of hype that they receive!

46858996. sx318

Dewdrop is out April 7, 2020
an eARC copy of this book was provided via NetGalley!

This is such a wonderful and uplifting little book.

Dewdrop is so encouraging and works to empathize with their friends to try to make sure that they aren't damaging their mental or physical health.

The different characters all have different struggles that they face. They all overcome their issues with simple, relatable solutions, and they're generally positive and relatable overall.

I think that this is such an important little book for young readers. It shows readers that everyone struggles at times, but with the proper encouragement and a different look on life, you can accomplish anything. I cannot wait to share this with my younger reader friends, older friends, kiddos --- well, anyone! This was such a delight!

I'm definitely going to be a long-term Katie O'Neill fan! 

42369064

The Tea Dragon Festival was released September 17, 2019

An eARC was provided via NetGalley for my honest review

This was such a lovely and perfect little story. I absolutely adore everything about this story, the art style, the plot, and the characters.

The representation in this book was so freaking wonderful! Wonderfully done!

I loved learning more and more about the world of dragons and tea dragons. I'm so in love with this world.

I hardcore recommend this book to anyone who loves whimsical, lovely, soft stories. Everything by Katie O'Neill is perfect so far.

34895950. sx318

The Tea Dragon Society was released on October 31, 2017

I borrowed this sweet book from my local library

This was such a perfect story. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me feel so much emotion! If you haven't read this beautiful story yet, you are missing out!

Katie O'Neill has a magical, heartwarming storytelling skill that I rarely find in my favorite books. I tend to go for the darker, more violent stories and protagonists, but this book and her later books made me really appreciate the more wholesome and fluffy aspects that I love in my favorite characters, fantasy worlds, and my dragon babies. 

I don't want to spoil too much of this book, but I honestly think that every moment of it is perfect. I cannot wait to read it again and binge all of O'Neill's books. She deserves the world!

Happy reading!
Olivia
~ Liv the Book Nerd ~




No comments:

Post a Comment