Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass

Page Count: 416
Published on: October 13, 2015
Published by: HarperTeen
Genre(s): YA, Science Fiction, Dystopia, Fantasy, Romance, Short Stories
Source: Print: Hardback
Age Rating: PG-13
Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon 

My Rating: 5 stars

Twitter: @kieracass







Goodreads synopsis:

The contents of Happily Ever After are as follows:

-The Prince (with the two bonus chapters), Maxon’s novella
-The Guard, Aspen’s novella
-The Queen, Amberly’s novella
-The Favorite, Marlee’s novella
-Three scenes from Celeste’s POV
-Lucy’s scene (bonus scene from The One)
-The bonus epilogue
-Where are they now?
-A map
-Various illustrations

~~~

Hey guys!

       I received Happily Ever After from my friend, Joe, for my 18th birthday. I was absolutely ecstatic to get this book. 

My Reaction:

       It's been one of my most anticipated 2015 releases ever since Kiera announced that she was working on it. This book is so beautiful! When I opened it up and saw the map end papers I literally cried. It's so gorgeous. I'll paste a picture here:
It's so gorgeous!

The illustrations are so gorgeous too! America looks stunning and Aspen and Maxon are so dreamy! Marlee and Carter are so adorable and King Clarkson and Queen Amberly were kind of um I'm not sure how to put it. I'll explain it soon. :)

Let's get to the reviews of each novella!

The Queen (#0.4)

Page Count: 72
My Rating: 4.5 stars

Favorite Character: Amberly
Least Favorite Character: (unfortunately) Clarkson

Okay guys, you will hear that Amberly and Clarkson's relationship is really unhealthy and I totally agree. I literally cringed when I read of their encounters...Amberly was so convinced that she was so in love with Clarkson before she even met him. The thing is that he used her and he was kinda messed up and I think he was maybe bipolar?? Another thing is that I know that Amberly loves him. It's evident, especially if you've read the whole Selection series. She loves him through everything he does and she eventually takes some of the control. I truly do love Amberly and I really did love the writing and now I kind of understand the cause of Clarkson's nuttiness. I'm still kind of trying to comprehend this story, and my heart breaks for Amberly. 


~~~

The Prince (#5)


Page Count: 64
My Rating: 5 stars

Favorite Character: Maxon & America
Least Favorite Character: King Clarkson

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! THIS ONE WAS MY FAVORITE! I read The Prince and The Guard earlier this year, and when I read it again, I felt all of the feels that I had felt when I read them the first time. I just love Maxon and America's relationship. They are my ultimate ship. I just love them together. I can find nothing wrong with Maxon. He is perfect.






The Guard (#2.5)

Page Count: 64
My Rating: 4.5 stars

Favorite Character: America
Least Favorite Character: Aspen

Okay, I really don't like Aspen. I started to like him in the beginning of the Selection until he screwed it all up. I just find him to be really selfish, and his choices just compromised America's situation and made her so confused. I feel like he just needed to move on, and get over it. He can get some closure with America, but he can't literally pursue her when she's technically trying to marry the prince. It's kinda common sense...or at least it should be.





The Favorite (#2.6)


Page Count: 120
My Rating: 5 stars

Favorite Character: Marlee & Carter & Maxon & America
Least Favorite Character: King Clarkson

Guys guys GUYS! Marlee & Carter are so cute! IF MAXON AND AMERICA WEREN'T AN OPTION MARLEE AND CARTER WOULD BE MY OTP! They love each other so selflessly and adorably and it's just the way relationships should be. They would sacrifice anything to be together. Their selfless love is what every relationship should be like. I just love them like they are my own children...



        There were some other chapters and loved them just as much. There was an epilogue after The One and there was a chapter from Celeste's POV & Lucy's POV, and little pages on where the Elite are now. Celeste's POV was amazing. I feel like I know her so much better. I adore her. I also love Lucy. She's so sweet and I feel like I understand more too. I love the characters Kiera creates. I feel like they're my friends and I just love them. The epilogue...oh my gosh I couldn't handle it. I was squealing like a maniac. I am so happy with how it turned out! I just love these books. They are so perfect.

I highly reccommend you read these novellas. I think you should read them after you read The Selection, The Elite, and The One first, read the novellas, then read The Heir. That's how I did it and I don't regret it a bit. READ THESE GUYS THEY ARE SO AMAZING!

Check out my reviews of The Selection series!

CLICK HERE!


Enjoy! Happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment