Monday, November 2, 2015

October Wrap Up 2015


Hey guys!

        October has come and gone, and I have read 6 books! This month was a pretty good reading month considering that I had a paper and loads of homework. I also had a week-long Fall Break, which I used to get caught up on reviews.  I also managed to read 2 books and finish the last 150 pages of the book that I was working on right before break. I also managed to accumulate 17 books, some old, some new, some that I've already read, and some that I've never even heard of. I'm really excited to see what November brings, so here is my October Wrap Up!

1 book not shown, photo taken from the @livthebooknerd Instagram

       The first thing I read in October was Where The Staircase Ends by Stacy Stokes. I read this when my best friend, Courtney borrowed it from me and read it first. She absolutely adored it, and so I had to read it. It was a quick read and a very original concept. You can check out my review here {click here}.

       The second book that I read this month was Model Misfit by Holly Smale. Model Misfit is the second book in the Geek Girl series. I love these books. The characters are so hilarious and snarky, and the character development throughout the book. I kind of relate to Harriett in some ways, I find her to be a "kindred spirit" as Anne Shirley would say.. You can check out my thoughts here: {click here}. 

       The third book that I read in October was a re-read, but one of my all time favorite books. I re-read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell in order to prepare myself for the fourth book that I read in October, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. But I'm discussing Fangirl, so I will continue. I'm such a lucky book worm to have read this book. I relate so much to the characters, and I can't explain how much I love this book. If you want to read my ramblings on this fantastic book, check them out here: {click here}!

        As I had said up there^, the fourth book that I had read in October was Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. This book was so much better than I expected. It exceeded my expectations and I absolutely adore it. I will definitely read this one again. It's almost as good as Harry Potter or Percy Jackson or some other major series. I feel like Rainbow could expand on the world of Simon & Baz...I would really enjoy it if she did. You can check out my geeky fangirly discussion here: {click here}.

        The fifth book that I read in October is actually a bind up of all of the novellas from the Selection series by Kiera Cass. Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass includes the four novellas, extra chapters from Celeste & Lucy's POV, and so much exclusive content and illustrations. My amazing boyfriend bought me this book for my birthday, and when I opened it to flip through it right after I got it, I almost cried. It is that beautiful. This book made me so happy. I got some closure about some of the characters, and I feel quite content with the end of The One now. It also included a sneak peek of Kiera's book The Siren, which is being re-released with a new cover and some editing done. It's coming out next year, and I'm so excited. Anyway, my review is being published tomorrow (November 3) so you can check it out there.

        The sixth and last book that I read in October was Magnus Chase and the Gods Of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. I've been anticipating this book for quite a while, and I was so excited to receive it for my birthday (my sister Reagan even more so haha). I finished this on October 31st, and I really really loved it. My review will be going up next week! I hope you guys enjoyed it!

My Ratings:

  • Where The Staircase Ends by Stacy Stokes: 4.5 stars
  • Model Misfit by Holly Smale: 5 stars
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: 5 stars
  • Carry On by Rainbow Rowell: 5 stars
  • Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass: 5 stars
  • Magnus Chase and the Gods Of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan: 5 stars

        I didn't not enjoy any of the books that I had read in October. My favorite is actually really hard to pick. It's a tie between Fangirl, Carry On, Happily Ever After, and The Sword of Summer.  All six of these books are just so good. I highly recommend these books. I hope y'all enjoy these books as much as I do. If you've read them COMMENT DOWN BELOW and let me know what you thought of them!

Enjoy! Happy Reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment