Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday [#6]: Middle Grade Fantasy Series


Hey guys! 

        It is once again the middle of the week...Wednesday! I decided that today I wanted to discuss my favorite middle grade fantasy series. These are the series that are aimed to catch the attention of kids ages 11-15..but actually it could catch the attention of kids ages 10 to 25 or older. These are the series that I enjoyed from an early age. I read my first Harry Potter book when I was 11 or 12, I read my first Percy Jackson book when I was 12, I actually started the Gregor books when I was 14 and finished them within a week or so.. Here they are!


~~~


#1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling 


"It's important to remember that we all have magic inside us."~Dumbledore~



It actually took a while for me to hop onto the Hogwarts Express and join the amazing world of Harry Potter. It wasn't until when I was in 6th grade, age 12&13, that I started the books. This was also the time when I started going through puberty and struggling with school. My mom had been reading the books, and highly recommended me to read them. I actually had the books taken away from me because I wasn't focusing on school, I was focusing on reading the Harry Potter books. I literally scrounged around the classroom libraries to find a Harry Potter book. I managed to find the second book and read it a second time, even though I was most likely into the 3rd book, or in the beginning of the 4th book. My twin sister Sarah & I would compete to see who could finish first and get the next book first to read...such good times! We managed to pass down the Harry Potter books to our 8 year old sister and she read them just as quickly. We cherish J.K. Rowling's books in our house. mSatah and I have read them all at least 5 times each, and we never ever get sick of them. J.K. Rowling's books are masterpieces.
My Series Rating: 10/5 stars
Where To Find Them: Goodreads // Amazon

~~~

#2. The Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan



"The world was collapsing and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was alive." 


I just adore Rick's writing. He's just got this writing style and these characters that you wholeheartedly love and get attached to. I was so excited to know that Rick was continuing Percy's story in The Heroes of Olympus series. I feel as if The Heroes of Olympus books are just as good as the original Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I just really recommend these books. They ares o beautifully written. 

You can check out my review of The Blood Of Olympus here: {click here}!
My Ratings: 5 stars (for them all)
Where To Find Them: (PJ) Goodreads // Amazon
                                    (HOO) Goodreads // Amazon

~~~

#3. The Inkworld Trilogy by Cornelia Funke


"Books have to be heavy because the whole world is inside them."



The Inkworld trilogy by Cornelia Funke is a trilogy that is near & dear to my heart. It's kind of what kept be reading when I started to feel insecure about how much I read. I relate to Meggie on a personal level. I've read the Inkworld trilogy so many times, and Inkheart maybe 6 or 7 times. I just adore the way Cornelia writes, and her writing literally makes me feel as if I could hop into the book. I desperately want to have "a silver tongue". I think that would be fantastic.
My Series Rating: 5 stars
Where To Find Them: Goodreads // Amazon


~~~

#4. Gregor The Overlander by Suzanne Collins



"I'm not exactly sure what you expect me to do. I mean I'm just a kid..."




I was on my spring vacation and my family was on its way to Florida, and my mamaw was raving about this series that was written by The Hunger Games author...she told me it had giant talking bats, rats, and cockroaches and I was totally intrigued! These books and the whole world is so cool and unique and original. Suzanne Collins is such an amazing writer. She's just so talented! I literally read this series within a couple weeks! I couldn't put it down! I definitely want to reread this series really soon!


My Series Rating: 5 stars
Where To Find Them: Goodreads // Amazon

~~~

#5. The School For Good & Evil trilogy by Soman Chainani



"Love. It's why good wins every story. They fight for each other. We [evil] can only fight for ourselves."



I found this series this past summer and I feel totally in love with it. The Last Ever After actually came out in July this year and I just loved it so much asljfalfj. You can check out my full reviews up and you can check them out here!


The School For Good & Evil: {click here}
A World Without Princes{click here}
The Last Ever After{click here}

Where To Find Them: Goodreads // Amazon 

~~~

I hope y'all enjoyed this Top 5 Wednesday post! I plan on doing some YouTube videos in the future! I just need to see if the camera I want to use will shoot good videos. 

Enjoy!
Happy Reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin





No comments:

Post a Comment