Tuesday, November 10, 2015

[Q&A With Reagan!] The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co. #1) byJonathan Stroud


Hey guys! 

      I was off from school last week for Fall Break from October 17 to October 26, but my little sisters Reagan & Bailey were not. Reagan had left me a note in the bathroom asking if I would tweet the author of this book and express to him how much she enjoyed this book. She also came home that day, and we talked about books for like an hour after. I asked her if she'd want to write a review (because she's almost 12 and able to do that and do it well), but she was kinda lazy and just wanted to do a Q&A. I love it when my sisters want to "talk" about books. I love it when they find something that they love and I love it when they love said book so much that they want to actually want to do something with me. It's just really fun and I really love it. So here is what Reagan had to say about The Screaming Staircase!


~~~


Page Count: 390
Published onSeptember 17th 2013
Published by: Disney-Hyperion
Genre(s): YA/MG, Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal, Horror, Adventure, Supernatural
Source: Print: Paperback
Age Rating: PG-11

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

Twitter@JonathanAStroud

Reagan's Rating: 5 stars




Goodreads synopsis:

When the dead come back to haunt the living, Lockwood & Co. step in . . .

For more than fifty years, the country has been affected by a horrifying epidemic of ghosts. A number of Psychic Investigations Agencies have sprung up to destroy the dangerous apparitions.

Lucy Carlyle, a talented young agent, arrives in London hoping for a notable career. Instead she finds herself joining the smallest, most ramshackle agency in the city, run by the charismatic Anthony Lockwood. When one of their cases goes horribly wrong, Lockwood & Co. have one last chance of redemption. Unfortunately this involves spending the night in one of the most haunted houses in England, and trying to escape alive.


Set in a city stalked by spectres, The Screaming Staircase is the first in a chilling new series full of suspense, humour and truly terrifying ghosts. Your nights will never be the same again . . .

~~~

All of Reagan's answers are written word for word as she wrote it. The only changes I made were her spelling errors and her grammatical mistakes (which were few). She is 12, as of November 10th, and she's at a 12th grade reading level. I'm just saying this because I'm proud of her... :D

Q: What is The Screaming Staircase about? Give me a summary in your own words. No spoilers please.

A: Lockwood & Co.: The Screaming Staircase is about a girl named Lucy and she lives in London where there are a lot of ghosts, and there have been for a long time. Younger people have the ability to see them, hear them, and other things like that will help them. The ghosts have no power around iron, so when people die they have to spread iron around the place/burn the body so the ghost won't show up. Lucy has very good hearing and she joins Lockwood and George to help people who have "Visitors" in their home. 

Q: What would you rate this book? Why?

A: 5 stars, because I never really like ghost books but I really like this one. The very beginning of the book reminded me of Sherlock, and I had just finished watching it so I was super happy that I was getting to read something similar to it. Then I realized the main character was a girl and I was slightly disappointed cause I was hoping it would be like Sherlock and John. 

(Reagan and I are very into Sherlock and Doctor Who...We have many fandoms)

Q: What did you like about this book? Dislike?

A: There wasn't anything that I really liked about it, but I always wanted to keep reading it. It was never boring.

Q: Who was your favorite character? 

A: Lockwood & Lucy

Q: Are you going to continue with the series?

A: Yes, I has da second book. [she put a "Sherman" face here but there's no way I can type that]

~Peace Out Rainbow Trout~ 

~~~

       So, I'm pre-writing (October 28th) this because Reagan requested it to be posted. She wanted this to be posted on her birthday which is November 10, which is a Tuesday... So, it worked perfectly :D! I hope you guys enjoyed Reagan's thoughts on The Screaming Staircase! Enjoy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REAGAN!


Happy reading!
Olivia & Reagan
~livthebooknerd~ & Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment