Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 2016 Wrap Up & August 2016 TBR


Hey, guys!

During July I read 17 books! This is probably my best reading month so far! This month, I participated in 3 read-alongs: the Biannual Bibliothon, the Cram-A-Thon, and the BookTube-A-Thon. I'm really happy with the books that I read this past month. There was a good mix of genres and I finally got a chance to read a few volumes from the Attack On Titan manga series! Here are the awesome books that I read in July. 

  1. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover (e-book)
    •  4 stars
  2. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson 
    • 5 stars
  3. The Good Braider by Terry Farish (not shown)
    • 3.5 stars
  4. Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them by Newt Scamander (J.K. Rowling) 
    • 5 stars
  5. Attack On Titan Volume 1 by Hajime Isayama* 
    • 4.5 stars
  6. Attack On Titan Volume 2 by Hajime Isayama* 
    • 4 stars
  7. Attack On Titan Volume 3 by Hajime Isayama* 
    • 4 stars
  8. The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1) by Rick Riordan 
    • 5 stars
  9. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie 
    • 5 stars
  10. Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer 
    • 5 stars
  11. Attack On Titan Volume 4 by Hajime Isayama*
    • 4 stars
  12. The BFG by Roald Dahl 
    • 3.75 stars
  13. Attack On Titan Volume 5 by Hajime Isayama*
    • 4 stars
  14. Attack On Titan Volume 6 by Hajime Isayama*
    • 4 stars
  15. Broken Hearts, Fences, & Other Things To Mend by Katie Finn (aka Morgan Matson)
    • 5 stars
  16. Attack On Titan Volume 7 by Hajime Isayama*
    • 4 stars
  17. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
    • 5 stars
*Graphic novels, reviews coming in December in Graphic Novels Read in 2016 post

If I haven't linked in a review for one of these books, then that means that there will be a review posted sometime in August and maybe September. I may not read as much in late August and September because I will be starting my freshman year in college, so there will be a bit of an adjustment period. 

Favorite Book Read: The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
Least Favorite Book Read: The Good Braider by Terry Farish -- I'm not sure what made me so bored with this book, but it just wasn't my favorite book that is written in verse.
# of Pages Read: 4,382 pages 

August TBR:

      I have a lot of review copies to catch up on, which is unfortunate because I'm about to start up my first year of college and I know that I will get busy quite quickly. I'm also going to apply to work at the school library, so hopefully I get a job, but unfortunately that will stop me from reading as much as I would like. I'm going into August with a pretty ambitious TBR, but I don't start school until the 22nd...I will be frantically reading and pre-writing reviews until then. But until then, here are the books that I plan on reading!


  • Phage by Mark Tamplin
  • The Tormented Witch by J.C. Beckham
  • Kitty Hawk & the Curse of the Yukon Gold by Iain Reading
  • The Alfaeren Legacy by Marc Jacobs
  • Courageous (Valient Hearts #3) by Dina L. Sleiman
  • The Drowning of Arthur Braxton by Caroline Smailes
  • A Worthy Heart (Courage To Dream #2) by Susan Anne Mason
  • Amish Sweethearts (Neighbors of Lancaster County #2) by Leslie Gould
  • Never by Shay Lynam (e-book)
  • Biome by Ryan Galloway (e-book)
  • Awaken by Skye Malone (not shown)
The next two books are not review copies or ARCs, but one is the LivTheBookClub August BOTM & one is just one that I want to read ASAP...
      I'm not sure if I will finish all of these books, but if I don't finish any of these books in August, they will be carried over to September because I have to finish these books and get my reviews out there! I'm usually a mood reader, and even if I'm not in the mood to read these books, I'll put myself in the mood because I hate getting books from authors and then not reading them or putting them off! That's so rude! I hate leaving authors hanging when it comes to reviews, even if the review is coming up but it's pre-written and scheduled for weeks in advance. I just don't want to cheat them or whatever. :)

Anyway, if you're reading some of these books in August comment down below! Also! Please share the books that you're reading with me! Whether you comment down below or tweet me doesn't matter, but I'd love to talk books with y'all! 

Message Me On Goodreads! www.goodreads.com/livthebooknerd
Instagram: @livthebooknerd

Happy reading, everyone!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books

No comments:

Post a Comment