Saturday, July 25, 2015

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli


Page Count: 303
Published on: April 7, 2015
Published by: Balzer + Bray
Genre(s): Contemporary, YA, LGBTQ Fiction, Romance, Humor
Source: Print: Hardback: Library
Age Rating: PG-15

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon 

My Rating: 4.5 stars

Twitter: @beckyalbertalli 



Goodreads synopsis:

Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.

With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.

~~~

Hey guys!

       I really really liked this book! It really really surprised me! It was absolutely hilarious and the characters were really well written! I didn't necessarily agree with the world views of some of the characters, but I still absolutely loved them! The encounters with Simon and his hilarious friend literally made me laugh out loud...or even in some cases snort. The romance was really cute, and made me giggle out loud sometimes. I love books that make me feel something. If I don't feel some kind of emotion in a book, then it automatically isn't a 4~5 book. I need emotional connections, it's rare that I don't relate or empathize with a character. This book was so entertaining and I'm so glad I read it!

What I Loved: 
  • Simon's family's dog's name is Bieber...because Bieber has floppy brown hair like Justin Bieber. I laughed so hard at that!
  • When Simon accidentally got drunk. I loved that he appologized after to his parents.
  • Simon's relationship with his parents. They may have their ups and downs, but I love how supportive they are, and their shenanigans cracked me up!
  • Blue and Simon's emails. They left me smiling and they are just so cute!
  • They used amazing grammar! I loved that they didn't use text lingo in their emails! 
  • The oreo banter. That was so cute, and made me crave oreos in a bad way!
  • The cover! It's absolutely perfect for this book! Simon would really appreciate the cover. From what I got from his character, this cover screams "SIMON"!

If You Love _______#_______ You Will Love Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda!
  1. Anna & the French Kiss/Lola & the Boy Next Door/Isla & the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins [reviews! {#1} {#2} {#3}] 5/5/5 stars
  2. One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva 4.5 stars
  3. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell 4.5 stars
Enjoy guys!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment