Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Playing the Part by Jen Turano


Page Count: 352
Published on: March 1, 2016
Published by: Bethany House
Genre(s): Romance, Christian Fiction, Historical Fiction
Source: Provided by Bethany House- Paperback
Age Rating: PG-14

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon


My Rating: 4.5 stars










Goodreads synopsis:

      Lucetta Plum is an actress on the rise in New York City, but is forced to abandon her starring role when a fan's interest turns threatening. Lucinda's widowed friend, Abigail Hart, is delighted at the opportunity to meddle in Lucetta's life and promptly whisks her away to her grandson's estate to hide out.

      Bram Haverstein may appear to simply be a somewhat eccentric gentleman of means, but a mysterious career and a secret fascination with a certain actress mean there's much more to him than society knows.

      Lucetta, who has no interest in Abigail's matchmaking machinations, has the best intentions of remaining cordial but coolly distant to Bram. But when she can't ignore the strange and mysterious things going on in his house, it'll take more than good intentions to keep her from trying to discover who Bram is behind the part he plays.



~~~

Hey guys!

      Play the Part was sent to me by Bethany House for an honest review. I've been kind of wary to read this book, because just I wasn't sure if it was apart of a series. It just so happens to be the third book in the A Class Of Their Own trilogy. On the bright side, it's a companion trilogy, so all three books are separate stories, but they all connect at the end of the trilogy. I don't think missed much, which is great.

     I really liked this book. The plot was nicely done, the characters were hilarious. Each of the characters were really well thought out, their stories were all really intriguing and their diverse backgrounds are really cool and fun. I really enjoyed Lucetta as a character. She was really strong and independent. She was such a real character, and she was so calm. She wasn't a hysterical or spazzy character, she was such a cool young woman. Bram was such a sweet and chivalrous character. He is definitely one of my favorite book boyfriends. Lucetta and Bram's relationship wasn't love at first sight, but it developed kind of quickly..but it wasn't insta-love... I really did like their relationship, Lucetta was such an independent soul, and her reluctance to admit her budding attraction was really funny to watch. Their encounters were really cute and they made me majorly fangirl. There were so many potential ships in this book, and each one of them was really different, and seeing them fall for each other was really amazing. 

     I WANT TO SEE BRAM'S CASTLE! His castle's description was so spooky and gothic. I just really want to visit his castle and see all that his staff has done to it. It sounded so cool.

      The two things that I was kinda if-y about was that I saw the plot twist coming, and there wasn't nearly enough spiritual content in my opinion. I really wanted a good spiritual lesson, and He was rarely mentioned in this book, and when he was mentioned, it was very brief. It was just not what I expected.

My Ships: Abigail x Archibald, Bram x Lucetta, & Mr. Skulkman x Ruby
My Favorite Character: Bram or Lucetta or Ruby
My Least Favorite Character: Silas

I hope you enjoyed this review!
Happy Reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~



No comments:

Post a Comment