Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday {#12}: Least Favorite Books In Series


Hey guys!

      It's that time again! Once again, it's time for another Top 5 Wednesday! i had looked at the Top 5 Wednesday group on Goodreads, and I had seen that one of the weekly topics to discuss was your least favorite books from series. This took a lot of thought from me on my part, but I've managed to make up a list of 5 books. Here they are!


1. The Kill Order (The Maze Runner#0.5) by James Dashner


One of the first books that I thought of would have to be The Kill Order. If you had read my Maze Runner series review {click here},you would know that I actually really hate this book. The book was made up of maybe 90% action, and 10% story. I was hoping for a story that revolved more on Thomas and Teresa, but there wasn't much to keep my bookish appetite sated. I hope for more when it comes to The Fever Code which will come out in September.

My Rating: 3 stars









2. New Moon (The Twilight Saga #2) by Stephanie Meyer


I've read this book a multiple of times, and it's probably my least favorite of the series. I didn't like Bella or Edward in this book, they were both aggravating, and even thinking of this now...it's aggravating. The Twilight Saga was the first vampire series and Twilight, the first in the series, was the first vampire book I had ever read. These books are very nostalgic for me, and even if I kind of think this addition to the series is bleh, it still holds a very special place in my heart.

My Rating: 3.75 stars ???










3. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

15881
Ok! LET ME EXPLAIN!

The Chamber of Secrets. I absolutely love it! It just happens to be my least favorite of the Potter books...I don't really know why. It's fantastic in every way! It's just my least favorite of the series...I guess that's all I have to say about that.

My Rating: 5 stars











4. Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

13362536

So recently, in December, I read Opal for the first time. It had been a year since I had read the first and second books in the Lux series, so I decided to read them again. I read the first and second, and I loved them, as I started Opal...I was getting bored...I was getting slumpy. I decided that I would push through and stop after the third. I was beginning to predict what was going to happen next, and I didn't like it, and I was beginning to hate the book. I know that I will complete the series because there's only 2 books left, but I had decided then that I would put it off so that I could end the year reading something amazing.






5. Peter & the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers #4) by Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson 

8471604
As an 11 or 12 year old, I was totally in love with this series, and I had read the first and second books in the series over and over again. I didn't know, at the time, that there were two more installments added to the series (there's now 5 in the series). When I read the fourth, it had been a couple years since the last time than when I read the third. This may have contributed to my negative feelings towards the book, but maybe someday I'll reread the series. 

My Rating: 3 stars









I hope you all enjoyed this addition to LivTheBookNerd's Top 5 Wednesday! I will see you tomorrow with a review of An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir, and next Tuesday with a review of Half Bad by Sally Green! See you soon! 

Happy Reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~



No comments:

Post a Comment