Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Biannual Bibliothon 2016 Wrap Up


Hey, guys!

      This past week, seven lovely BookTubers hosted the Biannual Bibliothon on YouTube and Twitter. There were a bunch of videos and reading challenges that the participants had to complete and you have to read 7 books overall. This past week has been pretty busy, but I did manage to read 3 books. I also read half of The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan and I plan on finishing it during the Cram-A-Thon.

  • Hopeless by Colleen Hoover (via Kindle/Kindle audio)
  • The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (Hardback)
  • The Good Braider by Terry Farish (Paperback)




Sunday: To be honest, I had already started The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson, but I had only gotten about 50 pages out of 519 pages, so that wasn't a big deal. I was getting into a slump, so I started this book. I didn't finish it, but I got 50 pages in on Saturday. On Sunday, I was working on some homemade bookmarks to send to the giveaway winner, Kaitlyn (she's actually a personal friend of mine, so we were laughing at how ironic it was.) I decided to make some bookmarks to send to giveaway winners. I was originally watching Full Metal Alchemist on Netflix, but as I was listening and barely watching I realized that I could listen to my Kindle! So I got out my Kindle, Etienne, and started listening to Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. I managed to listen and read the first 95% of it and I fell asleep reading it. 

Monday: I finished the last 5% of Hopeless by Colleen Hoover and went back to The Unexpected Everything. My day was booked! I went to a birthday party for the majority of the day and then ended up going out to eat with my family for the 4th of July. Then we went home and I read about 200 pages or TUE I stayed up until 2 A.M. reading. I still wasn't done with TUE, though. 


15717943

Tuesday: I woke up around 11:30...yeah I know...I stayed up until 2! Anyway, I got up ate lunch, read while I ate and then went out on some errands with my mom. We ended up going to the two Goodwills in town...I bought 7 books... Anyway, around 10P.M., I participated in a few Twitter sprints and finished The Unexpected Everything and started The Good Braider by Terry Farish. I got about 53% through and fell asleep. 


17838528

Wednesday: When I woke up on Wednesday, I read about 20 pages and then I was busy the rest of the day. Around 11:15 I took part in a couple twitter sprints, finished The Good Braider, and read until I fell asleep. During the sprints, I read about 30 pages in The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan.


18476097

Thursday: I didn't read much, but I did get a couple more chapters into The Hidden Oracle. I also added a new page to the blog. I added a new feature page to allow you, the readers, to know a bit more about those who guest review for me. {click here} to check it out!

Friday: Friday, I didn't get as much reading done, but I got about a third of the way through The Hidden Oracle and a lot of stuff done for the blog.

Saturday: On Saturday, my family and I went on a little road trip/shopping excursion. The main reason we went, though, was because we had a huge bag of books to sell to Half Price Books. We had never been, so we checked out the store as well. I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked there, but it was a pretty fun time. I bought 4 books and read a good chunk of The Hidden Oracle. I also read a bit of my book before I went to bed. I plan on finishing The Hidden Oracle sooner rather than later. (I sold my copy of The Good Braider).

I managed to complete all but one challenge for the BiBib read-a-thon. Some are doubled up, but whatever.

Challenge 1: the group book - The Unexpected Everything
Challenge 2: wild card -- any of these books
Challenge 3: host recommendation 
Challenge 4: a book with your favorite mythical creature -- The Hidden Oracle
Challenge 5: a book you've been putting off -- The Good Braider
Challenge 6: read a new author -- The Good Braider
Challenge 7: different format -- Hopeless [ebook/audio]

In the next couple of weeks, there will be a couple more read-a-thons that I'll be taking part of (the Cram-a-thon & BookTube-a-thon) so keep an eye out for my tbr's and wrap ups! 

Don't forget to check out the LivTheBookClub read-along too! We're reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo! Click {here} to join!

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books

No comments:

Post a Comment