Tuesday, June 19, 2018

{Read-A-Thon} Cram-A-Thon 2018 Wrap Up



Hey, guys!

    This round of Cram-A-Thon was soooo ROUGH!!! I didn't really follow my TBR at all because I was just struggling to push through my reading slump. However, I did technically read four books. Granted, I did finish two books that I had already started, but I'm counting them! It took me a while to get through these books, so I'm pretty proud of my reading progress. Consider this a sneak peek into my June Reading Wrap Up! Here are the books that I finished and the challenges that they correspond with!

Challenge 1: 
A predicted 5-star book

I really wasn't sure what I would have rated these four books. I was hoping for higher ratings, but all four of these books ended up being 3 star-books for me. 

Challenge 2: 
A book that's out of your comfort zone

None of my four books were out of my comfort zone. I just read what I could because I was in such a terrible slump. 

If I were to stretch this challenge, I could maybe put The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue in here. I'm not a huge historical fiction fan, but I did really enjoy this. The only reason this book doesn't receive a 4-star rating is that I easily just put it down. It's been sitting on my currently reading pile for a couple months and I just didn't have any desire to finish it. 

29283884


Challenge 3: 
A book that has been on your TBR for a long time

None of these books have been on my TBR in a LOONG time, but I have been meaning to reread Red Queen to continue on with the series since Glass Sword came out in 2016.


Challenge 4: 
An LGBTQ+ Own Voices Book

That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K. Johnston

I'm not sure if this is an own voices novel, but it had some great LGBTQA+ rep. I cannot attest to its authenticity, but there was some great diversity throughout this novel. Though this book had a wonderful alternate world, I really did not enjoy it as much as I would have hoped. The characters, relationships, and the pacing just weren't up to par. The world, the diversity, and the alternate history were fantastic though. I really enjoyed those bits. 

I will have a review up for this book soon!

☆☆☆ I gave this book 2.75 stars ☆☆☆ 

25528808

Challenge 5: 
Something that is not a standard novel

Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard

KIND OF FAILED!
I'm not sure if this counts, but I did read 90% of Red Queen via audiobook. That is not my usual means of reading, so it's not standard for me. 

Goodreads thoughts: {click here}
2015 Review: {click here}

This time around I gave 
☆☆☆ Red Queen 3 stars ☆☆☆

22328546

Challenge 6: A book with your favorite color on the cover

The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton

23197837

This is actually the book of the month pick for the Liv the Book Club. I really expected to enjoy this book, but it really fell flat for me. I wasn't that big of a fan. I'll have a full review coming soon.

☆☆☆ I gave The Belles 3 stars ☆☆☆

Challenge 7: 
Read 7 books

FAILED

I read 4 books. Ha. 

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~



No comments:

Post a Comment