Saturday, December 29, 2018

December/Christmas Book Haul



Hey, guys!

I managed to acquire so many books this month. My family and friends are so good to me. Thank you all for fueling the addiction.  This month, I didn't just keep adding books to my never-ending shelves. I also gifted, donated, and sold a bunch of my books to my friends and family and to Half Priced Books. I'm constantly unhauling and taking books out of my collection. Next year I will be doing specialized blog posts on my unhauling endeavors and my unhauling stacks. Stay tuned for those! Did you get any books for Christmas? What is your favorite book that you received? 




Christmas Gifts:
  • The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
    • Thank you so much, Julie! You are the best. I was so pleased to receive this. I definitely was not surprised to get this from you.
    • Check out Julie's YouTube {here}
    • Check out Julie's Instagram {here}
  • The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
    • This book was recommended to me by the queen herself, Sarah J. Maas. This book was on her list of 10 books that she recommends to her readers, so of course, I put it on my wish list. 
    • A massive thank you to my sister, Sarah, for gifting me this. I'm very excited to read this!
  • Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
    • Shoutout to my mama for gifting me this book. I've been wanting to read this book for AGES! I absolutely adore Lauren Graham. She's so lovely and I love her acting work. I can't wait to read/listen to this book.
  • The Immortals Quartet by Tamora Pierce
    • Consists of: Wild Magic, Wolf-Speaker, Emperor Mage, and The Realms of the Gods by Tamora Pierce
    • A massive thank you to my Aunt and Uncle for gifting me this box set. I absolutely adore Tamora Pierce. I can't wait to reread these books soon.
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (dark pink Barnes & Noble edition)
    • Shoutout to the loveliest of boyfriends for gifting me this book! He's such a beautiful and wonderful and committed partner. He drove 45 minutes to and from Barnes and Noble to get me this book and I feel so blessed to have it. Fangirl is one of my all time favorite books and I'm so excited to add this to my collection. Alex, darling, you are perfect. 
  • The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
    • A massive thank you to Alex's parents for gifting me this book. TKQ is one of my all-time favorite books of the year and an instant favorite. I'm so excited to have another edition on my shelves. I can't wait to reread this book and to read The Bride Test in 2019 (May 7! Preorder now!)!
  • Fight or Flight by Samantha Young 
    • Another massive thank you to Alex's parents for gifting me this book! This book was listed on a really fun Goodreads blog post about the new adult genre. I'm really interested to read this book and see what I think of it. 
  • Norroway (The Black Book of Norroway Book 1) by Kit and Cat Seaton
    • My best friend, Emmie bought me this for Christmas and I'm so into the art style, the story, and the characters. I've already read it and I'm very very interested in seeing what the next installment holds. I need Book 2 ASAP.
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
    • My beautiful best friend, Julia, gifted me this amazing hardback edition of TOG. I'm so excited to add this to my TOG collection. 
Review Copies
  • Bloodleaf by Crystal Smith 
    • Thank you, HMH Teen for sending me this intriguing book! I'm excited to add it to my TBR!
Twitter Trades

  • THE WICKED KING (Folk of the Air #2) BY HOLLY BLACK --- ARC!!!!!
    • Thank you so much, Megan (@underthebkcover on Twitter)! I'm so excited to read this ARC! I'm so glad that I get to read this before I go back to school!

Personal Purchases

Physical Purchases


  • A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes #3) by Sabaa Tahir  - SIGNED!
  • Prince's Gambit (Captive Prince #2) by C.S. Pacat
  • King's Rising (Captive Prince #3) by C.S. Pacat
  • Saga Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
  • Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
  • Brisinger (The Inheritance Cycle #3) by Christopher Paolini

E-book purchases:

I purchased all of these books because they were under $3, a Kindle daily deal, or free. I'm very excited to read these books. I love reading ebooks and physical books at the same time and switching back and forth between the two formats at my convenience.
  • The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic (free)
  • Shadow Me by Tahereh Mafi (preorder/$3.99!)
  • Pride by Ibi Zoboi ($1.99!)
  • A Court of Frost & Starlight by Sarah J. Maas (Full price- my first read on my new Kindle!)
  • Bellamy & the Brute by Alicia Michaels (free)
  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller ($2.99)
  • Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle #1) by Christopher Paolini ($2.99)
  • Catwoman Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas ($2.99)

Twitter Trades

  • THE WICKED KING (Folk of the Air #2) BY HOLLY BLACK --- ARC!!!!!
    • Thank you so much, Megan (@underthebkcover on Twitter)! I'm so excited to read this ARC! I'm so glad that I get to read this before I go back to school!

Number of Books Read: 10
Number of Unread Books: 10
Number of Books I'm Currently Reading: 2
(stats do not count ebooks)

Happy reading, all!

~Liv the Book Nerd~



No comments:

Post a Comment