Friday, February 1, 2019

January 2019 Reading Wrap Up


Hey, guys!

This is going up much later than I anticipated, but the beginning of February really snuck up on me. I can't believe how fast this month went by. I also cannot believe how much I read this month. I'm so ahead on my reading goal for the year. I think Goodreads says I'm 11 books ahead of schedule. I am so pleased with myself. I hope I can keep it up. We will see what happens in the future!


  

This month, I read 7 full books, 5 graphic novels/comics, and 5 short stories. Of course, if they are individually on Goodreads, I will usually count them as (1) piece of literature, so of course, the short stories are counted.  Who wouldn't count them? (The boyfriend wouldn't haha)

Here are the books I read in January!



Full-Length Novels
  • Prince's Gambit (Captive Prince #2) by C.S. Pacat
    • 3 stars
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Gods of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan
    • 5 stars
  • King's Rising (Captive Prince #3) by C.S. Pacat
    • 3 stars
  • Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal
    • 4 stars
  • The Wicked King by Holly Black
    • 5 stars
  • The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston
    • 5 stars
  • Bloodleaf by Crystal Smith
    • 4.75 stars
    • Review coming soon!

Graphic Novels/Comics/Single Issues
  • Steven Universe Volume 1 by Rebecca Sugar, Jeremy Sorese, Coleman Engle
    • 5 stars
  • Steven Universe Volume 2 by Jeremy Sorese
    • 5 stars
  • Steven Universe Volume 3 by Grace Kraft, Rebecca Sugar, Rii Abrego
    • 4 stars
  • Steven Universe Warp Tour Volume 1 by Melanie Gillman, Rebecca Sugar, Katy Farina, Whitney Cogar
    • 5 stars
  • Steven Universe (2017-) #6 by Grace Kraft, Rii Abrego
    • 4 stars
Related image


Novellas/Short Stories
  • Green But For A Season (Captive Prince #2.5) by C.S. Pacat
    • 3 stars
  • Pet (Captive Prince #1.5) by C.S. Pacat
    • 4 stars
  • The Adventures of Charls the Veretian Cloth Merchant (Captive Prince #3.6) by C.S. Pacat
    • 3 stars
  • The Summer Palace (Captive Prince #3.5) by C.S. Pacat
    • 4 stars
  • Galatea by Madeline Miller
    • 4.5 stars

Upcoming Reviews & Blog Posts:

  • {FULL SERIES REVIEW} The Captive Prince series by C.S. Pacat
  • {Short Story Review} Galatea by Madeline Miller
  • {TV Show/Comic Discussion} Steven Universe by Rebecca Sugar
  • A *Discussion Post* on PR in Publishing (for a class, but still relevant for my blog! Yay!)
  • {Re-read Review} The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan & East by Edith Pattou
  • {Review} Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows
  • {SJM reviews to be written [SO DAUNTING]}: ACOFAS, Kingdom of Ash, Tower of Dawn
  • LONG OVERDUE REVIEWS: Mirage by Somaiya Daud, Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo, City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab, Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, And I Darken by Kiersten White, Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
  • {Collective Series Re-Read Review} The Shatter Me series (#1-3 +novellas) by Tahereh Mafi
  • {New Adult Joint Reviews} The Hating Game by Sally Thorne and Josh & Hazel's Guide to Dating by Christina Lauren

This probably sounds like a lot of upcoming content...it is! I'm currently in the busiest semester of my college career, so bear with me while I try to figure out my current groove. I'm still working on understanding my homework schedule and meeting schedule for online class meetings and internship meetings ALONG WITH my two jobs and the responsibilities that they entail.

Thank you so much for your patience as I continue my education. I'm doing my best to make sure that I have consistent content on this blog. If you'd like a day-by-day connection with my bookish shenanigans, check out my Instagram!

I tend to go on rants about my current reads, I change up my shelves live on my page, and I share the books I unhaul and haul as they are happening. 

Thank you all so much! I absolutely adore this reading community! You guys are the absolute best! Thank you for reading my reviews and reading my nerdy comments and ideas. 


Image result for cat reading world domination gif
Thank you for sticking with me! 
Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment