Wednesday, January 30, 2019

February 2019 TBR // The BookTube Games & Contemporary-A-Thon // #TeamKetterdam

Hey, guys!

This month is going to be so busy, but I'm going to be casually taking part in a couple readathons -- The BookTube Games and Contemporary-A-Thon. TBTG takes place all month and CAT takes place from the 11th until the 17th. I'm definitely going to be busy as hell, but I definitely want to try to be active-ish when it comes to reading. 

This collective TBR is absolutely overly ambitious. I cannot promise that I will finish all of these books. I'm not betting on it. However, I will try. It isn't my top priority, but it will be something I attempt. I cannot wait until the end of the semester. May cannot come fast enough. I'm ready for the warmer weather and the free time.


~~~


Let's go over The BookTube Games

For the BookTube Games, the basic premise is that we are broken up into teams. (TEAM KETTERDAM FOR THE WIN!) During the whole month of February, each member keeps track of the number of pages that they read and their stats go toward the team's points. Whoever reads the most wins. It's really fun. If you're interested in joining, check out @TheBookTubeGames on Twitter or Myonna's channel at LittleWolfReads.

Here are the books I want to tackle this month:

Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston
After finishing Geekerella last summer and reading an ARC of The Princess and The Fangirl, I have to finally pick up Heart of Iron. I have it signed and personalized and I'm definitely sure that I will adore this book. I'm so excited. 

To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandria Christo
I picked this up in early January and didn't continue (I liked it! I just wasn't in the mood at the time). I'd love to see what the hype is about for this book. I'm currently 84 pages in.

~ Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyers
It's an "East o the Sun West o the Moon" retelling. Need I say more?

~ Lost Boys by Riley Quinn
This ARC was sent to me for an honest review. It's a Peter Pan retelling, so of cours,e I'm interested!

~ Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
This is the first book that a bunch of the Ketterdam team will read. For the readathon, if you buddy read the chosen book for your group, it gets counted as double the points/pages. I'm excited to dive into this one.

~ Famous In A Small Town by Emma Mills
It's Emma Mills. I will read anything she gets published. This came out January 15 and I'd love to read it sooner than soon!

~ The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
For February, I also wanted Alex to pick a book for me to read. He's been impatiently waiting for me to read THUG, so I will definitely prioriticize reading this one. It's such an iconic book for this generation. I'm daunted by the hype, but I'm excited to experience this book.

~ Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
I also started this in January and didn't continue with it. I was minorly spoiled and it spooked me. I'd love to be updated with this series before Shadow Me and Defy Me to come out. I ordered a Book Hangover box from FaeCrate for Defy Me. I'm so excited. I love this world and the characters. 

~ King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
This is another possibility. I plan on buddy reading this with my beautiful friends: Becky, Brooke, Alice, and Mariana. We're just waiting on all of our copies to come. I can't wait to discuss this book with them. Our IG group chat is literally titled "Bardugo Babes".

~ Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Alex and I are currently reading this book, but we aren't very far along in it. I'm currently 38 pages into it.

Let's explain the Contemporary-A-Thon!

This is the 4th installment and I'm so excited to take part in it. I found out about this awesome readathon via Julie from Pages and Pens. She is one of the hosts and such a great person. 

THE HOSTS:

Chelsea at Chelseadolling Reads: {click here}
Natasha at Myreadingisodd:{click here} Melanie at Meltotheany: {click here}
Julie {click here}


THE CHALLENGES: 1. Read your most recently acquired contemporary novel 2. Read a book with plurple (blue or purple) on the cover 3. Read a diverse contemporary (keep in mind it’s Black History Month) 4. Read a dark or taboo contemporary 5. Read a contemporary you meant to read in 2018 but didn’t get to 6. Read a contemporary in a non-traditional format. 7. Read a contemporary with a picture on the spine.

For this readathon, I plan on reading:

~ 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne (Not shown. Pre-ordered and on it's way to me)
~ Famous In A Small Town by Emma Mills
~ The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

I don't plan on completing all of the challenges or actively looking to check that I'm reading my books in a fast and timely manner, but if I manage to read one of these books during that week, I will be a happy camper. 

Again, I'm being super chill and stress-less because school comes first!

What do you want to read this month?

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment