Sunday, January 4, 2015

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner FULL REVIEW


Page Count: 374  
Published on: December 10th, 2013
Published by: Disney Hyperion
Where To Find It: Goodreads
Awards: Aurealis Award for Best Young Adult Novel (2013)

My rating: 3 & 1/2 stars 










The Goodreads synopsis:

Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive -- alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth. 
~~~

Hey, guys!


***SPOILERS NEAR THE END***

Other thoughts about this book can be found in my post: My Thoughts On THESE BROKEN STARS by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner SO FAR

      I was unable, really, to get into this book. But by the time i got half-way through this book I started to really like it. Once the action kind of actually started...when they finally got close to the crashed ship the whole plot finally makes sense. Don't get me wrong the language and writing style was absolutely beautiful but I felt like they just added stuff so that the book was longer. I also felt like they stalled when getting to the action in the book. Even with those flaws, I thought the characters were beautiful and so well- rounded and smart. 


    ALTHOUGH, I really don't understand what happened to Lilac at the end...did she die? Did Tarver take her dead body and throw it into the rift portal or did the alien re-creation go into it and receive new life? These were my questions by the end of the book. I'm not sure if I will read the next book...I'd like to if my questions were answered...I wouldn't buy it but I would probably borrow it from a friend or the library...If the books were sent to me I would definitely give them a try again. 


     Overall, I enjoyed These Broken Stars quite a bit and if you love the Titanic, space travel, science fiction, love stories, and crashes onto alien planets; then this book is for you. :)

Until later guys!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~


Edit (07/2016): As I recall reading this book in December of 2014 and January of 2015, I remember how bored I was with this book. I found it to be very boring and not very well thought out. I felt like the book was a giant ball of meh. It had the potential to be really cool and really unique. This book has been compared to the story of the Titanic, but I didn't really make a connection to it. I didn't enjoy this book like I would have hoped, and I know that I will not finish the series...ever. The covers are lovely, but that's about it.

Rating in 2016: 2 stars
Although there were some redeeming qualities for this book, I really did not enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment