Tuesday, October 31, 2017

{Review} Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas

20613470
Page Count: 565
Published on: September 2, 2014
Published by: Bloomsbury
Genre(s): Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance
Source: Paperback 
Age Rating: 16+
Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon // Book Depository




My Rating: 5 stars








Goodreads synopsis:

Celaena has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak―but at an unspeakable cost. Now, she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth . . . a truth about her heritage that could change her life―and her future―forever. Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. Will Celaena find the strength to not only fight her inner demons, but to take on the evil that is about to be unleashed?

The bestselling series that has captured readers all over the world reaches new heights in this sequel to the New York Timesbest-selling Crown of Midnight. Packed with heart-pounding action, fierce new characters, and swoon-worthy romance, this third book will enthrall readers from start to finish.



~~~


"There was a glittering darkness in her, an endless rift straight through her core."
~Heir of Fire~

Hey, guys!

     I've been such a huge fan of Sarah J. Maas for a long time and every time I write a review for her books I'm equal parts excited and nervous to put my feelings into words. Books like Maas' books are just so much fun to write but they're so difficult at the same time. 


Expect a bit of a ramble-y review:

     Anyway, I adored Heir of Fire. Compared to the slight disappointment that Crown of Midnight, HoF was stupendously great. I adored every part of this book. SJM has really written a great book. Oh my gosh the new characters were so much fun --- MANON! Oh my gosh I love Manon. This story is becoming so fleshed out and magical. I cannot wait to see what happens next. 

     Heir of Fire follows Celeana right after Crown of Midnight. After the events of CoM, her world is going to be forever changed as Celeana has to figure out how to navigate the hardships of life and her inner demons. What will happen when crazy and dark evils are unleashed on Erilea?

     I adored this book. We were introduced to some really fantastic characters, the plot developed really nicely, the previous characters were beautifully fleshed out, and I was so addicted to this story while reading. I'm currently reading Empire of Storms, so I, of course, had to continue with the series. 
     I loved the new characters in this book. In Heir of Fire, we were introduced to Manon Blackbeak, Rowan Whitehorn, and Sorcha. I loved all three of these characters intensely. Sorcha is such a sweetie and I loved how she and Dorian interacted. I loved their relationship. However, I was really skeptical the whole time because of my doubts. I love Dorian and I just wanted him to be happy and safe. 

     Manon. Oh, she is probably going to be one of my all-time favorite characters. She is such a badass. I adore everything about her. She is so twisted and so unlike any other character I've ever read about. I love the whole concept of the witch covens and Manon and her Thirteen are just such a great group. I wish that the witch-y dynamic had been introduced into the series a bit more throughout book 1&2 (but because I just hit the 130ish page mark in EoS I'm glad that I slowly built up). 

     Oh my oh my let's talk about Rowan a bit. He is so dreamy and wow. He is just so wow. I am so in love with his character. I ship Rowaelin so hard. They are probably my #1 ship in this series. They are the perfect pair in the TOG universe. I love how their relationship progressed from the "I freaking hate your guts" to "gradual tolerance" to "we have to work as a team" to "oh I get you now we're almost friends" to "friends" to "best friends" to "soul mates" (they're soul mates in my book). He is just such a great character. He is definitely one of my favorites.  


I know I'm rambling but that's what I typically do in Maas Reviews.

      I had really hoped that Celeana and Chaol would make up a bit, but Celeana was in Wendlyn for the majority of the book, so that didn't happen. I really love how realistic their relationship is. They don't make up overnight. 

     I also really loved the political and magical aspects of this book. The world building just keeps on building with Maas books. Her writing style is so eloquent and beautifully done. The magic system just keeps developing as the historical aspects of Erilea keeps getting developed as the conflict builds. I love how Maas has been building up the conflict bit by bit in every book. It's just magic. She has that magical ability to create a well fleshed out story that you never get sick of.  

     The ending of this book really threw me for a loop. I was totally shaken to my core. I was so close to crying...I'm surprised I didn't full out sob because I was definitely screaming "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!" In my head. I don't think I'm over it still. 

I've already read Queen of Shadows and I'm probably 25% through Empire of Storms and I loooove them. Expect rave reviews for them as well. 

My Maas Reviews:
Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino

No comments:

Post a Comment