Tuesday, October 3, 2017

September 2017 Reading Wrap Up



Hey, guys!

     I've had such a busy September and October looks to be just as busy. I spend at least 40 hours on campus whether I'm in class, studying, or working; so it's basically a full-time job sometimes. Not to mention, the time I'm not on campus I'm usually working on homework for hours. I know I spent the majority of this past weekend working on homework as well, so there's barely any time to actually read for fun or even write book reviews, so excuse my absence. I'm not sure when I'll be back to writing reviews consistently. I'll try to get more reviews out, but homework and school come first. I hope you all understand. 


Here are the books I read this month....




  • The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood 
    • 4.5 stars
    • I loved this book. I read it for my literature class and it's probably one of my favorite books that my professor has chosen so far. I love her classes.
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas
    • 5 stars
    • Oh my gosh! This book was fantastic! I can't wait to review it for you all. These books just keep getting better and better. 



Number of Pages Read: 847
Favorite Book Read: Queen of Shadows
Number of Sponsored Reads: 0
Number of Non-Sponsored Reads: 2

Number of School Texts: 1

This doesn't count the hundreds of pages I've had to read for my classes, but just know that I've had to read a crap-ton. 

Other Books I've Skimmed/Half Read/Currently Skimming/Reading:
  • The Odyssey by Homer
    • books 1,2, & 23 read 
  • Groundwork of Metaphysics by Immanuel Kant
    • skimmed and finished
  • Revolutions of the Atlantic World by Wim Klooster
    • read and skimmed for a paper
  • Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle
    • currently reading/skimming for class
  • Filter Bubble by Eli Pariser
    • currently reading for a class
  • Beowulf
    • currently reading for my Lit class 
  • Technopoly by Neil Postman
    • currently reading off and on for a class

I only enjoy a fraction of the books I read for class, but what can you do? I'll get through this semester. 

Happy reading, everyone!
Olivia 

~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino



No comments:

Post a Comment