This month has been really productive for school and for reading. I've managed to read 2 books for fun/leisure and 4 books for class. School has really sucked up the majority of my time, so I'm really happy with what I've read this month. October is, actually, my "birthday month", but I also had to do my midterms which took up the first two weeks of October. I had a 4-day break from school and it was mainly taken up by homework catch up. I've mainly read for school this month, but there were a couple books that I read that were really great. Here are the books I read this month:
- Beowulf translated by Seamus Heaney
- No Rating? I might rate this if I review it, but I don't know if I will yet.
- Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle
- I hate philosophy. I think I skimmed this book and read the sparknotes really seriously. I'm still not sure I understand.
- Ruby & Olivia by Rachel Hawkins
- Super cute! Check out my review!
- Filter Bubble: How The New Personalized Web is Changing What We Read & How We Think by Eli Pariser
- This wasn't awful, but I wouldn't read it for fun.
- Red Hood & the Outlaws, Volume 1 Redemption by Scott Lobell, Kenneth Rocafort, & Joshua Williamson
- This was so rad. I bought this for Alex for our 10 months and he let me read it after him over night. I'm intrigued.
- Whichwood (Furthermore #2) by Tahereh Mafi
- Love love loved this book. Review coming soon!
- Grendel by John Gardner
- This was pretty good too. There were some chapters where I was just sooo confused. But overall, I really enjoyed this story.
Favorite Book Read: Whichwood! (Penguin Teen just sent me an advanced finished copy!!!)
Number of Sponsored Reads: 2
Number of Non-Sponsored Reads: 4
Number of School Texts: 4
Overall, I spent the majority of my reading time on school texts, but I did manage to read a couple of great books. I'm currently reading too many books at once for school and a couple for fun. I hate reading so many books at once, but when you only have a little time to actually read for fun, you've gotta read what you're in the mood for.