Saturday, December 30, 2017

Graphic Novels & Comics Read In 2017

Hey, guys!

      I read quite a few graphic novels and comics this year, especially towards the end of the year. I really enjoyed reading the interesting storylines and getting to see how the authors and illustrators imagined their characters. 

27246871

The School For Good & Evil: The Never Ever Handbook by Soman Chainani

My Rating: 4 stars

My Review: {click here}

This really made me excited to read book #4! I can't wait to get to it! I definitely recommend you read it after The Last Ever After!











13533746



Red Hood & the Outlaws Volume 1: Redemption by Scott Lobdell & Kenneth Rocafort

My Rating: 4 stars


I really enjoyed this! I borrowed this from my boyfriend a couple months back and I really enjoyed the art style and story. I'm really behind on reading all of the back story, but I really enjoyed the first volume of Red Hood & the Outlaws!








431806
Dragon Ball Z Volume 1 by Akira Toriyama

My Rating: 4 stars

I really liked this too! Alex is a big DBZ fan and when I found this at Goodwill I knew it would be fun little surprise for him...and then he let me read it. I thought this story was really interesting. Though I don't have time to actually read all of the volumes or watch the show, I know I'd be interested in reading/watching more eventually. 









32374973


Jem & the Misfits by Kelly Thompson

My Rating: 3 stars 

I really liked the art style of this comic. I think I'd continue with it if I found the other issues for as cheap as I did this one. I think that the characters could be really cool and I think the way the story was going could be really funny too. 











31549546

The Backstagers Act One by 

My Rating: 5 stars


Of the comics that I bought with my Christmas money, this one was probably one of my top favorites. I really enjoyed the characters, the art style, the story, and the plot. I can't wait to get my hands on more issues. I've been looking for the full first volume for about a week now. 








33964649

Ladycastle by Delilah S. Dawson & Ashley A. Woods

My Rating: 4 stars

This comic really has a great story and some really awesome characters that I want to know more about. I cannot wait to find more Ladycastle issues!











36232397



The Runaways (#1-#4) by Rainbow Rowell & Kris Anka

My Rating: 5 stars all together

Alex and I have really gotten into the Runaways lately, so I'm really excited to get the next issues purchase the full first volume. I love the story and I love the characters. Rainbow Rowell's writing is phenomenal and the art style is awesome. 












15704307

Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples

My Rating: 4.5 stars

17131869My Review: {click here}

This was a reread, but I loveeee this story and this series. I can't wait to continue on with this series.













Saga Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples

My Rating: 4.5 stars


I looooved this volume! This series just gets better and better! I cannot wait until I can just buy the mega volumes and binge them all. This story is so great!!!
19358975











Saga Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples

My Rating: 5 stars

This was definitely my favorite of the three volumes I read. I really love how this story is developing. I can't wait to read the rest of the volumes and I can't wait to see where the characters go.











34227894

Anne of Green Gables: A Graphic Novel by Mariah Marsden, Erika Kuster, Brenna Thummler, & Kendra Phipps

My Rating: 4.5 stars
19351043

I just adore Anne's story. While this illustrated parts of the story beautifully, it wasn't the full book, so don't expect a full graphic novel version of the classic story. This graphic novel was STUNNING! I was absolutely floored by how gorgeous the illustrations were. I'm so glad that this book is a thing. It included almost all of my favorite parts of the original book. I highly recommend this graphic novel if you love Anne of Green Gables!





Nimona by Noelle Stevenson

My Rating: 5 stars

My Review: {click here}

18170149

This is one of my favorite graphic novels and one of my favorite graphic novel artists and writers. I read this back in 2015 and I really really loved it. When I picked up a copy for myself this year, I had to read it again. This is one of my favorite stories and when someone asks for a great graphic novel I, of course, recommend this one. 










Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki by Mamoru Hosoda & Yuu

My Rating: 3 stars

My best friend, Emmie, let me borrow her copy of Wolf Children and it was very interesting. I really like the art style and the length of the book, but the story was very very strange and kind of unsatisfactory. Overall, the story was good, but it wasn't my favorite.









32574766

Night Shift by  Debi Gliori

My Rating: 4 stars

My Review: {click here}

This was sent to me for an honest review, and wow was I glad I accepted the request. This book is so powerful and has such a great message. 





I'm really happy with the graphic novels, mangas, picture books, and comics I read this year. Comment down below if you read any of these or if you'd like to read any of them!

Happy New Year!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment