Tuesday, January 8, 2019

My Prioritized TBR for 2019


My Current Reads/ Books I'm Currently in the Middle Of:

2018 was the year of starting and putting books down instead of finishing them before starting another book. I would switch between reading formats and switch between different books depending on my mood. I'm currently reading quite a few books, but I know I'll be finishing them in 2018. I just don't like forcing myself to read books that I know I'll enjoy eventually, but I'm not in the mood for now. 

  • Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
    • I did a really quick reread of the Shatter Me series and I managed to burn myself out after finishing the first 3 books and the novellas. I will be picking this book up soon. Juliette's voice is just something I'm not interested in consuming at this moment. 
  • To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandria Christo
    • During my break, I've become more interested in romance-based stories, so this whimsical and dark fantasy is not something I'm into at the moment. The first little chunk that I read, however, was really great so I'm excited to read this when I'm in a fantasy mood.
  • Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd
    • This was so much fun to start, but for some reason, I put it down. Alex really enjoyed reading this book in October and he's quite excited for me to finish this book in the future.
  • Vicious by V.E. Schwab
    • I started this while on a trip with Alex and I was in another romance/contemporary mood. I'll get back to this soon.
  • Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal
    • I'm currently listening to this book while I drive and do my chores around the house. I'm really enjoying this book and I cannot wait to see what happens in the last 40%. I'm pretty sure that Alex read this on the plane ride home from Seattle this summer or he read it right after we got back from our trip. He really enjoyed it and I'm excited to finish it. 
  • The Summer Palace by C.S. Pacat & The Adventures of Charls, the Veretian Cloth Merchant by C.S. Pacat
    • These are the last 2 novellas/short stories in the Captive Prince series by C.S. Pacat. I'm really enjoying the characters in this story. I originally really enjoyed the politics and world-building in this series, but the second and third books got really intensely into the politics and it really slowed down the pace from the first book. I'm really enjoying the series, but I was just disappointed how slow it got at times. 

2019 Releases I'm Going to Read Soon

  • The Wicked King by Holly Black 
    • I already have an ARC for this book. It's on the top of my list of books that I'm going to read next. I really don't want to have to draw it out as the semester starts. School has already started when I post this, so hopefully, I finish it within the first week of school. I really want this book in my life before my work consumes my life.
  • Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyer
    • This was described to me as another retelling of East o the Sun West o the Moon and I am so here for it. I absolutely adore that story and I cannot wait to dive into this book. I have the preorder swag for this book already and I cannot wait to put my signed bookplate into my book. 
  • A Curse So Dark & Lonely by Bridget Kemmerer
    • This is a lovely fantasy retelling of Beauty and the Beast . The story follows a character who has cerebral palsy who tasked with saving a kingdom from a terrible curse. Beauty and the Beast (and the cultural variations) is my favorite fairy tale ever. I cannot wait for this book to be released. It's being hyped up by all of my favorite people. I need it today.
  • Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills 
    • It's an Emma Mills book. I just need it ASAP. 


ARCs I Need To Read Soon:


  • Bloodleaf by Crystal Smith
    • This gorgeous book was sent to me by HMH Teen and I cannot wait to dive into it. The story sounds so compelling and right up my alley.
  • Toxic by Lydia Kang
    • I haven't read much sci-fi lately, but this sounds so amazing. Thank you Entangled Teen for sending me a copy of this book!
  • To Be Honest by Maggie Ann Martin
    • This was traded to me on Twitter. After reading Dumplin, I had to get my hands on more books that follow plus-sized characters. This is going to be amazing. 
  • Valiant by Merrie Destefano
    • Another sci-fi novel, but with a dystopian setting! This was also sent to me by Entangled Teen for an honest review. I cannot wait to dive into this one. It sounds so intense and just right for my growing sci-fi mood.

I hope you had a great reading year!
Olivia 
~Liv the Book Nerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment