Friday, January 18, 2019

{Review} Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo

22299763

Page Count: 536
Published On: September 27, 2016
Published By: Orion Children's Books
Genre(s): Fantasy, YA
Source: hardback - personally purchased
Age Rating: 15+
Where To Find It: Amazon // Book Depository

My Rating: 5 stars 










Goodreads synopsis:

Welcome to the world of the Grisha.

Kaz Brekker and his crew of deadly outcasts have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives.

Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties.

A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets - a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the Grisha world.



~~~

Hey, guys!

     It's been a hot minute since my last full review, but I'm ready to catch up on my reviews and bring you all of the hot goss on my favorite books. Stay tuned for more reviews soon!

     It's also been a hot minute since I read this book, but wow oh wow has it stayed with me during these past few months. This book was the perfect companion to Six of Crows. I absolutely love these characters and the plot is just so fantastically done. Leigh Bardugo really blew me away with this book. I cannot wait to get my hands on King of Scars on the 29th. 

    This gif has been my mood every time I think about Leigh Bardugo's 2019 releases. Ugh, I need them ...yesterday.


     I absolutely adored the focus that this book had on developing the characters and getting to see their cultures through their interactions. I loved learning about their families and their developing friendships. I need more more more! They are just so well fleshed out and developed characters. You don't usually see characters as wonderful as these and I just really need more about them in my life. I cannot wait to see which characters show up in King of Scars.

     This book was also beautifully executed. The amount of thought that went into the soul of this book is beautiful and mind-boggling. There is so much action throughout this book and I was constantly on the edge of my seat. The heist never ended and there was never a lull. I was not prepared for such a fast-paced and action-packed book. I should have been because DUH Six of Crows was just as action packed! You really cannot emotionally prepare yourself for this book. You will be surprised at every turn. 

    I can only gush about this book. It's dark, it's action-packed, it's heartbreaking, it's hopeful, it's funny, it's so freaking engaging! I cannot wait to read more from Leigh. She's such a masterful writer. I can only hope that I can meet her someday. I wish I could tell her how much I adore her books. She deserves every nugget of praise that she receives. She is a master wordsmith. 

I definitely recommend this book! Please read it! Let's talk about it!


My Other Reviews for Leigh's Books:
  • The Demon in the Wood (Grisha #0.1) {review}
  • Shadow & Bone (Grisha #1) {review}
  • Siege and Storm (Grisha #2) {review}
  • Ruin & Rising (Grisha #3) ~ review coming soon!
  • The Tailor (Grisha #1.5) {review}
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) {review}
  • Language of Thorns (Grisha #0.5, #2.5, #2.6) {review}

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment