Monday, December 28, 2015

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
Page Count: 247
Published on: June 15, 2008
Published by: HarperCollins 
Genre(s): Coming of Age, YA, Contemporary, Romance, Chick Lit, Realistic Fiction 
Source: Print: Hardback
Age Rating: PG-12

Where To Find It
Goodreads // Amazon

Twitter@Louise_Rennison

My Rating: 3 stars




Goodreads synopsis:

Angus: My mixed-breed cat, half domestic tabby, half Scottish wildcat. The size of a small Labrador, only mad. Likes to stalk Mr. and Mrs. Next Door's poodle. I used to drag him around on a lead, but, as I explained to Mrs. Next Door, he ate it.

Thongs: Stupid underwear worn by old Swotty Knickers, Lindsay. What's the point of them, anyway? They just go up your bum, as far as I can tell.

Full-Frontal Snogging: Kissing with the trimmings, lip to lip, open mouth, tongues...everything (apart from dribble, which is never acceptable). As taught to me by a professional snogger.

In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst if being a teenager. In the spirit of "Bridget Jones' Diary," this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it's "fabbity fab fab!"

~~~

Hey guys!

        Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging follows fourteen year old Georgia Nicolson. Georgia Nicolson is just like any other girl. She's obsessed with boys, teen magazines, make-up, and being with friends. This novel is the diary of what she experiences with boys, make-up, and anything in between.

        I picked up this book about a week ago, from my school's library because one of my favorite YouTubers, ReadByZoe, had recommended The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series in one of her videos. I've heard about this series for a long time, but I never really knew what exactly this series was literally about. I kind of went into this book blindly and hoping for the best...

       I was hoping for the best when reading this book, but unfortunately I was kind of disappointed with this book. I found Georgia to be really immature as a fourteen year old, and I feel like her parents aren't really a huge part of her life, as real parents should be. I was actually kind of hoping for more when it came to the parents contributing to her life. Georgia was really annoying, frivolous, self-centered, and immature. It's as if she didn't have any common sense, and as if she didn't respect herself at all. Her friends were so...stupid. They are insipid little girls, and I couldn't stand their personalities at all. They were so focused on kissing, getting a boyfriend, and being popular and I couldn't stand it. The characters were not likeable at all...especially to an older audience. I could see a younger audience really liking this book, but I didn't enjoy the characters. 

        This book was overall entertaining, but the characters were really annoying. I think I'll read the rest of the books to see if Georgia grows up some, but I'm quite wary of continuing on. Comment down below if you've read this series, and tell me if it gets any better.

Happy Christmas and happy holidays everyone!


Happy reading!
Olivia

~livthebooknerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin    


No comments:

Post a Comment