Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December 2015 Wrap-Up


Hey guys!

      I'm posting this early because I've got some New Years plans, so if I do manage to read another book in the next couple of days, then I will include it in my January Wrap Up. I've read 10 books so far this month, and I'd say I've read some pretty great books this month. This month has been so busy with finals, Christmas festivities, and family. I hope that your Christmas and holiday season has been lovely and full of joy and love and fun. I hope that you've had a great December over all.

Here are the books that I've read this December!

7260188

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Page Count: 392
My Rating: 5 stars
My Review: {click here}
To start out my month, I finished up the Hunger Games trilogy. Even though Mockingjay is not my favorite in the trilogy, Suzanne really does know how to finish off with a bang. This not only gave me all of the feels, and made me depressed at the end. It has been discussed on book blogs and BookTube about how Mockingjay was a bit of a let down compared to the previous books in the trilogy. I actually agree. I found the middle of Mockingjay to lack the constant action that the other two did. It was a little boring compared to The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, but it was still extremely good, and a good conclusion to the trilogy.


12267664

Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams


Page Count: 
My Rating: 3 stars
My Review: {click here}

My best friend Courtney recommended this book to me when I needed a sad and depressing book to read. This book was really depressing, but I didn't enjoy it as much as she or some of my friends said I would. I felt it to be lacking the quality that made it something really amazing. This book was OK, but it wasn't anything special to me.



27994153


The One-Of-A-Kind Cat Book by Ciye Cho

Page Count: 127
My Rating: 2 stars
My Review: {coming soon}

This book has the potential to be something really awesome, but I didn't like it much at all. I mean it's a picture book or a graphic novel, but it didn't have any plot, and the little stories in it weren't very compelling.







20757521


Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander

Page Count: 336
My Rating: 4.95 stars
My Review: {click here}

This is one of my favorite December reads, and when I was reading it it gave me all of the feels. This is one of those illness books, but I wouldn't consider it to be cliche or anything. I really liked how Shannon writes and I like how she developed her characters throughout the story. If you like 
, or John Green's writing you will probably like this.




563712

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

Page Count: 247
My Rating: 3 stars
My Review: {click here}

I had my problems with this book. I found it to be entertaining, but the characters lacked any kind of character. The main character didn't have any self respect, and she was so self absorbed and petty. I couldn't stand her. This book was OK, but not anything to get worked up over.








Sandry's Book by Tamora Pierce

Page Count: 252
My Rating: 4.75 stars
My Review: {click here}

I really love Tamora Pierce's writing. Her writing is so magical and fun. Her characters are so diverse, and you love them right off the bat. The magic system that she's created is so interesting and cool. I really love the characters of this quartet, but I really love Tamora Pierce's Song of the Lioness quartet more. Compared to the Alanna quartet, The Circle of Magic quartet isn't as good, but it's still really great.






Obsidian & Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Page Count: 335 & 366
My Rating: 5 stars & 4.25 stars
My Reviews: #1 {click here} & #2 {click here}

I read this in December of 2014, and I decided to reread it this month so that I could continue on with the series. I really enjoyed Obsidian the second time, but I didn't enjoy Onyx as much as I did the first time. I kind of got slump-y half way through, and lost interest a little bit. Maybe it was just because I was busy with Christmas. I don't know.




13362536

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Page Count: 382
My Rating: 4.25
My Reviews: {review coming soon!}

I felt the same way with Opal as I did with Onyx. I felt like the story got kind of predictable and the characters didn't really show any kind of growth. I do want to know what happens next, but I can't bring myself to read the fourth and fifth book right away. I do want to finish the series and figure out what's going to happen, but it's not my top priority.







21524446

A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston

Page Count: 325
My Rating: 4.95
My Reviews: {review coming soon!}

This is probably my favorite read of December. I got this book from my mom and her boyfriend for Christmas, and I started it right away. I really loved it. It's a retelling of A Thousand & One Nights, but it's not a normal retelling of the story. E.K. Johnston is such a good writer. Her writer is really poetic and beautiful. I cannot wait to read her next YA book. 






Total Pages Read This Month: 3,114
Favorite Book: A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
Genres Read: Paranormal, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Graphic Novel, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction

I hope you enjoy your New Year celebrations! Happy New Year!

Enjoy!
Happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin  


No comments:

Post a Comment