Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday [#8]: Favorite Romance Stand-alones


Hey guys!

      I've read so many romance books, but there are a select few that are my absolute favorites. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to my favorite romance stand-alone list. For this particular list, the main things that I want in the books are: 
  • A good and well throughout plot 
  • A cute and non-cheesy couple
  • A cute and/or funny character
  • Smart & kind main characters
  • Avoids common tropes, and if they do have a common trope, they use it well
  • Amazing writing...poetic/lyrical/overall just well written
  • Relate-able story-line/characters
Overall, good YA romance book have to make me feel something. If I feel something significant and it makes me totally geek out, then I love it. It's kind of hard to explain, because there are so many amazing romance stand-alones.

Here Are 5 of My Top Favorite Romance Stand-Alones:
  1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  2. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
  3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
  4. An Abundance Of Katherines by John Green
  5. Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern
  6. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
These books are so beautifully written, and all of them are so unique. 

      Fangirl is by far my favorite of this list. It's just so well written, relate-able, funny, and I just love the emotions it evokes. I'm going to be going to be going to college in the fall, and I feel I'm so much like Cath, and I just adore her story.
     Since You've Been Gone is such a heartwarming and hilarious story. The characters are so funny and I relate to Emily so much. I'm actually an introverted person, and Emily is so shy and I just love how she learned to be herself and get out of her shell.

     I...I just adore John Green's books. He's has such a beautiful writing style. His writing is so addicting and fun. The Fault In Our Stars was my first and probably my favorite of his books. It made me so happy and so sad and every emotion between. This book is just a masterpiece. Now, An Abundance Of Katherines is another John Green book, but it's so much more different. This book is so witty and adorable, and (this is going to sound redundant) beautiful.

     The Distance Between Us by Kasie West is so sweet. I love how un-cliche but still kind of cliche this book is. I love the rich boy vs. poor girl plot which is totally cliche, but the execution of the plot is perfect. I love this love story so much. I literally couldn't put it down and the characters totally cracked me up.

     Love, Rosie was one of the first adult romance books that I ever read, and I loved it. This is a unique novel. This book is made up of letters, emails, texts, and other forms of communication. This book is so sweet & not the perfect and usual love story. This is one of my favorite books because of the ending. You won't expect the way this story goes. This is such a realistic love story, and y'all will love this book.

I hope y'all enjoy these awesome stand-alones. They're so sweet and so fun to read...I hope you guys pick them up sometime!


Enjoy! Happy Reading guys!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment