Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday {#17}: Books For Rainy Days


Hey, guys!

This week, I wanted to share a few books that I think are perfect for rainy days. I'm not sure why, but I've always found that high fantasy and classics are the perfect kinds of books to read on a rainy day. This may be different for others, but for me, that's what usually pops into my head when I think of books for rainy days. To be honest, when it rains here in Indiana, I usually continue reading whatever I'm reading currently...so, these books are usually books I've read while it rained or books that give me nostalgic feelings or books that I can see myself reading on a rainy day.

Question: What genre of book do you associate with reading on a rainy day? 


      There were so many books that I could see myself reading on a rainy day, one being the book I'm currently reading: A Court Of Mist & Fury (I'm writing this a week early, so I may be done with it by the time this is posted, but on we go). It just recently poured and I was definitely not complaining. I mean...I stood out in the rain for like 2 minutes and was soaked...I loved it. Rainy weather is the perfect reading weather. You can cuddle up in bed like a burrito and read a great book...*sigh* I think that's what I'm going to do sooner rather than later. Anyway, the five books I chose were mainly from the fantasy/high-fantasy genre but there is one romance/contemporary book that I just had to add. I chose:

  1. Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone by J.K. Rowling
  2. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
  3. Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
  4. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
  5. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
I don't know what it is about fantasy/high fantasy books, but reading them while it rains is such a soothing and nostalgic feeling. I love to sink into a different world and have the sound of rain in the back ground...I love it. Comment down below if you agree! The Fault In Our Stars was chosen because of the subject matter and the end. It's very sad, if you don't know, and if I had to chose a contemporary that I would read while it was raining, that would be the one. 

If you have anything to add on this topic, comment below or contact me via my social media links which will be linked down below! I love to discuss this with you all! Don't hesitate to contact me via email either! I love to answer questions or recommend y'all books. I hope you have a lovely week and I will see you tomorrow with my June Wrap Up! 

Happy Reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~

@LivTheBookNerd on Books


No comments:

Post a Comment