Saturday, July 14, 2018

{Read-a-Thon TBR} Summer '18 Biannual Bibliothon

Hey, guys!

This next week I plan on reading a ton! Starting today I will be reading for the Biannual Bibliothon. This round of Bibib has some amazing reading challenges that I'm excited to take part in. 

Biannual Bibliothon

Follow the Bibib Crew!
Twitter: @BBibliothon
Instagram: @biannualbibliothon
Subscribe to the hosts!:
Red

- READING CHALLENGES –
1. Group book: THE WICKED DEEP
2. Choose from someone else’s TBR (suggested by @LizzardReads)
3. Try the first chapter of 3 books and pick 1
4. Read a book that has been on your TBR for over a year (suggested by @Swizzlemonster1)
5. Read a predicted 5 star read (suggested by @Shannon23xo)
6. Own voices - different than YOU
7. Read the last book you bought (suggested by @MyBookBehaviour)
Here are the books I've picked and the challenges they correspond with!



Challenge 1: The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw:
I'm still trying to find a copy of this book without purchasing it. I do not currently have a car, so I'm trying not to bug anyone to run me to the library to nab it. So far my audio/ebook search is failing. 

Challenge 2: Kidnapped for His Royal Duty by Jane Porter
Alex and I picked this up for $4 the other day and we thought it'd be funny to read sometime. We're hoping to read this in a couple hours on Sunday. I'll keep you guys updated on Instagram. 

Challenge 3: 
1. The Star Touched Queen by Roshani Chokski (not pictured)
2. Paper Princess by Erin Watt
3. Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
Okay, I decided to start this challenge around 1am last night and I decided to read the first chapter of Captive Prince first. Y’all, I was hooked. Now this challenge is all out of whack. I know I want to give Paper Princess a go, so that is why it is still on my TBR. I’ve decided that I’m going to wait to read The Star Touched Queen until a different time. So, I’m probably failing this challenge, but I’m hopefully going to read a lot this week. I could finish Captive Prince today.

Challenge 4: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
Alex and I are planning on reading V.E. Schwab’s Vicious during our short trip to Seattle, Washington. I’ve had ADSOM on my TBR for the longest time, so I’ve decided to try to read this lovely book during the readathon. This is one of the books that I think I’ll be reading for a time, so I may save it for last. I know I’m going to also try to buddy read it with a few girls from my Tome Topple buddy read group as well.

Challenge 5: Save the Date by Morgan Matson
This is also my book club’s book of the month. I’m so excited to read this book. I’m in a major romance/contemporary mood so this is the absolute perfect time to read it.

Challenge 6: Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi and Mattias Ripa
This lovely graphic novel was recommended to me by Mallory and I’m very excited to read this book. I’m really excited to get into this book.

Challenge 7: The Ancient Magus Bride Volume 1 by Kore Yamazaki

I picked this up on my last trip to Half Priced Books with Alex. I’m currently watching this anime series online and I’m really enjoying it. I’m excited to see how the books differ from the anime and vise versa. Manga novels are always a blast to read. 

I will be doing mini vlogs on my Instagram stories. I'm going to keep those videos and pictures in my Read-A-Thon highlights. Keep an eye out for those!

Happy reading, guys!
Olivia 

~Liv the Book Nerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment