Tuesday, July 17, 2018

{Tag} Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag


Hey, guys!

      For some reason, Blogger is really glitchy and I couldn't even get to this page to load or add my opening remarks concerning this tag. I've seen this all over BookTub for the past few years and I always manage to forget to do a blog-version of it. I'm super excited to post this tag for you all. Eventually, I'll put up a video as well. Hope you enjoy!


Categories

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2018.

I couldn't just pick one book for this category! Of course, A Court of Frost & Starlight is my #1, but I've already read so many books that have quickly become my new favorites.

A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

31076583


Special Mentions

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills
Geekerella by Ashley Poston
Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf
The Forest Queen by Betsy Cornwell

Image result for the cruel princeImage result for foolish hearts
Image result for geekerellaImage result for bring me their hearts cover
Image result for the forest queen betsy cornwell cover


2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2018.


Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

22299763
3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
  • Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
  • Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
  • The Spring Girls by Anna Todd
Image result for restore meImage result for children of blood and bone
Image result for spinning silverImage result for the spring girls


4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
  • Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
  • West by Edith Pattou
  • Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas
Image result for kingdom of ash sarah j maasImage result for west edith pattou29749098


5. Biggest disappointment.
  • That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K. Johnston
  • Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
  • Confess by Colleen Hoover

Image result for that inevitable victorian thingImage result for confess colleen hooverImage result for cruel beauty by rosamund hodge


6. Biggest surprise.
  • November 9 by Colleen Hoover
  • Algedonic by R.H. Sin
Image result for november 9 coverImage result for algedonic

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)
  • Ashley Poston
    • Ashley's Geekerella really blew me out of the water. I cannot wait to read her other novel, Heart of Iron!
8. Newest fictional crush.
  • Lucien d'Malvane - Bring Me Their Hearts
  • Gideon - Foolish Hearts
9. Newest favorite character.
  • Yrene Towers - Tower of Dawn
  • Jude - The Cruel Prince
  • Prince Cardan - The Cruel Prince
10. Book that made you cry.
  • The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
  • A Court of Frost & Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
31076583Image result for the prince and the dressmaker


11. Book that made you happy.
  • A Court of Frost & Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Forest Queen by Betsy Cornwell
  • Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills
Image result for the forest queen betsy cornwell cover31076583Image result for foolish hearts

12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
  • A Court of Frost & Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
  • Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf
  • (B&N edition) The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
  • Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills



13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
  • Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
  • Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
  • Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas
  • Save the Date by Morgan Matson
  • Vicious and Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
  • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
  • All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover

So far this year has already been such a good reading experience. I've definitely learned from my reading habits of last year. I've managed to only DNF one book, and I've also been learning and accpeting that I do not have to read all that is expected of me. Sometimes they just aren't for me and that's okay! For the rest of the year, I'm going to continue dedicating my time to books I actually want to read.

Which books have you enjoyed the most this year?

Happy reading!
Olivia ~Liv the Book Nerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository Affiliate Code // Book of the Month Link


No comments:

Post a Comment