Thursday, July 5, 2018

{Comic Series Review // GN Reviews #6-11} The Runaways #1-6 by Rainbow Rowell & Kris Anka

3623239736271728
3655828637492975
3790416238446642


Page Count: (collectively 130 pages) 18, 28, 20, 22, 21, & 21 pages
Published on: these comics have been published individually starting in September 2017 up to February 2018. There are more single issues in the works and the series will continue for some time. 
Published by: Marvel
Genre(s): Comics, Sequential Art, Superheroes, Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult, Graphic Novels
Source: paperback - personally purchased in single issue form
Age Rating: marketed as YA, but everyone will love it
Where To Find ItGoodreads 

My Rating: 5 stars

Goodreads synopsis: 

GET READY TO RUN! The "IT" book of the early 2000s with the original cast is back – Nico! Karolina! Molly! Chase! Old Lace! And, could it be? GERT?! The heart of the Runaways died years ago, but you won't believe how she returns! Superstar author Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor & Park, Carry On) makes her Marvel debut with fan-favorite artist Kris Anka (ALL-NEW X-MEN, CAPTAIN MARVEL) in the series that will shock you and break your heart!


~~~

Hey, guys!

Back in December, my boyfriend and I decided to start the new Marvel show, Runaways, on Hulu. We automatically were hooked to the awesome story that was being told. Because of this, we had a genuine interest in reading the comics and fully understanding the original Runaways storyline. Soon after Christmas, we went book shopping and managed to be sucked into the comics and graphic novel section of our local Books-A-Million. We actually managed to find the first few single issues of the newest Runaways comic series by Rainbow Rowell and Kris Anka. I was, personally, hooked. Since December, I've read a few more of the single issues that have been put out and I've picked up the first two massive volumes of Brian K. Vaughan's adaptation of the Runaways.


     I'm not going to individually review every single volume of this series, but I'm just going to say that I absolutely love it. Kris Anka has perfectly captured the essence of the Runaways and Rainbow Rowell has, once again, stolen my heart with her writing. She is a beautiful wordsmith from above. I just love basically everything she writes. I cannot wait to continue on with this awesome story. I wish I had money to buy all of the rest of the single issues, and the larger compiled volumes, and the eventual massive ultra volume bind-ups. I'm that extra. 

I highly recommend this series if you love Marvel, kids with superpowers, and action-packed stories. 


Happy reading!
Olivia



No comments:

Post a Comment