Friday, September 28, 2018

{Review} The Last Kids on Earth and the Cosmic Beyond (Last Kids on Earth #4) by Max Brallier

37822499
Page Count: 240
Published On: September 18, 2018
Published By: Viking Books For Young Readers
Genre(s): Children's, Middle Grade, Science Fiction, Dystopia, Fantasy
Source: paperback ARC provided by publisher
Age Rating: 7+
Where To Find It: Amazon // Book Depository

My Rating: 3 stars 









Goodreads synopsis:

The newest installment in this New York Times bestselling series introduces new monsters, new bad guys, and tons of new laughs!
It's the first winter after the Monster Apocalypse. For Jack and his buddies, that means sled catapults, epic snowball battles, and one monstrous Christmas celebration. But their winter wonderland turns dark when a villainess begins hunting them. And this villainess is different--she's a human.

When the villainess steals Jack's prized monster-slaying tool, the Louisville Slicer, he vows to get it back. But it won't be easy. Jack and his friends soon discover that the Louisville Slicer is the key to a dark plan that threatens the entire world--and beyond...


~~~

Hey, guys!

For some reason, my original review has gone missing, so I guess I'm rewriting it. 

This book was sent to me via ARC by the publisher for an honest review. All thoughts and feelings are my own.

     This book follows a boy named Jack and his best friends during the winter after the Monster Apocolypse. After a mysterious villain shows up, the kid's progressing monster world is turned upside down when Jack's weapon is stolen. Jack and the gang vow to get his weapon back and defeat their new nemesis.

     I thought that this story was just so super cute. I wish I had been able to read the first 3 books, but I felt like it was still super easy to follow the plot even if I hadn't read the previous installment. I really enjoyed the main group of characters. They had a really fun dynamic and their teamwork is so fun to read about. I think that the characters are going to be a great team of role models for younger readers. 

      I also really enjoy the science fiction/fantasy elements of this story. The monsters are so much fun and the magical/dystopia elements really add a sense of depth to the world. I'm really interested in reading the first three books. They just look like so much fun. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this review! It's such a good book for kids ages 8-12. They're really going to love it! 

Happy reading!
Olivia 
~Liv the Book Nerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment