Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Completed Series of 2015


Hey guys!

      I managed to start and finish six series/duologies in 2015, and reread a series as well. 2015 was a great reading year, and I'm really happy about the awesome books that I read. I'm really surprised that I didn't read more than six series. It felt like more, but I guess I started more than I finished this year. I plan on finishing a lot of series of 2016, and I'm really excited to read the conclusions to those awesome series. Here are the awesome series that I started, finished, and loved.




The first series that I finished in 2015 is the Shatter Me trilogy/series. This series includes the 3 actual books and the 2 novellas. I just love this series! The characters are so awesome! It's kind of like The Hunger Games meets X-Men meets something totally original and fantastic. Tehereh Mafi is such a fantastic writer, and I cannot get enough of her books. I can't wait for her newest book, Furthermore, which is a middle grade/YA fantasy which just sounds fantastic.

My Reviews: {1} {2} {3} {novellas}



The second series that I started and finished this year was The Selection 
trilogy by Kiera Cass. I don't think I'm going to include the spin-off duology (The Heir & The Crown), because when I kind of consider those two books to separate from the original trilogy. The Selection trilogy (+the novellas) is probably one of my all time favorite series ever. It's just so addicting, well written, and the characters are fantastic, the plot is flawless, and basically, I love everything about it. I can't get enough of it. 

I gave all of the books 5 stars except the novella The Guard, which I gave 4.5 stars. You can see my reasons why in my reviews! 
{The Trilogy}
{The Novellas}



The second series that I finished in 2015 was the Alienated duology + the novella Until Midnight. This is probably one of the best alien series I've ever read. The series starts with Alienated, then Until Midnight, and then concludes with Invaded. I gave both books and the novella 5 stars. Excellent books, very addicting and well written.
My Reviews: {1} {1.5} {2}


10437493

The third series that I finished in 2015 was the Spiderwick Chronicles. This series was actually a letdown, and I felt like all 5 of the books could be combined into one larger book. The story was very interesting, and if I hadn't of had marathoned the series in the huge bind up, I would have probably have given them a lower rating altogether if I hadn't of read them all at once.
This wasn't as disappointing as the first three books in the Series of Unfortunate Events, but The Spiderwick Chronicles come at a close second.

My Reviews: (1) {click here}
                   (2-5) {click here}





{not my picture}


I actually read To All the Boys I've Loved Before when I was really sick, and I had a horrid headache, I was nauseous, and I just felt so gross. I couldn't get to sleep, so I decided to read something so that I wasn't sitting and doing nothing. I read TATBILB and I loved it. It was so entertaining, and I kind of liked the writing style. I gave it 4.5 stars. When I read P.S. I Still Love You, I was really disappointed. I felt like TATBILB could have had 30 more pages at the end, and everything would have been great. I gave it 3.5 stars. {review}



So, during the summer of 2015, I discovered the School For Good & Evil trilogy, and I absolutely adored it. This trilogy is so wonderfully written and so addicting. I couldn't get enough of the characters, the plot, and the twisty turns that took place throughout the books. The books are some of my favorites, and I just love them so much! You can check out my reviews here: {1} {2} {3}



The last series/trilogy that I read was The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. This is one of my all time favorite trilogies. It's the first dystopian trilogy that I ever read, and it holds a lot of nostalgic memories in it. I re-read it so that I could binge watch all 4 of the movies and not forget anything... I gave them all 5 stars. {review}







So, these are all of the series that I read/reread in 2015. How many series did you read this past year? Comment down below!

Happy reading everyone!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment