Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday #1


Hey guys!

      I've decided to add a new type of blog post to my blog! Waiting On Wednesday. Every month I will have a blog post dedicated to the 2016 releases that will be released during the next month. This month I will be discussing the May releases that I'm most excited for. Here are the books that I'm looking forward to the most!


  1. The Crown by Kiera Cass -- May 3
  2. A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas -- May 3
  3. The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh -- May 3
  4. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson -- May 3
  5. The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan -- May 3
  6. Summer Days & Summer Nights by Stephanie Perkins -- May 17

The Crown: If you've been following my blog long, then you will know this, but I am a huge fan of Kiera Cass's work. The Selection series and The Siren are some of my all time favorite books. I have read The Selection at least 3 times and then during the beginning of 2015, I binge-read the whole series in preparation for the release of The Heir. Upon reading The Heir, I died a little inside and I've been dying to get my hands on The Crown...

My Reviews: 

ACOM&F & TR&TD: I read A Court Of Thorns & Roses and The Wrath & the Dawn last year as well, and I absolutely adored them. They are both fairy tale retellings, which were wonderfully done. After reading both books, I got an immediate book hangover after each book. Each one was done so well, and I cannot wait to read their sequels!

My Reviews: 


The Unexpected Everything: I am such a huge fan of Morgan Matson. When I found out that there was a new Morgan Matson book coming out, and that it was another friendship story and there were dogs and the cover matched Since You've Been Gone...I was so excited. I cannot wait for this book to come out!

My Reviews:
Summer Days & Summer Nights: Another one of my favorite authors is Stephanie Perkins. Summer Days and Summer Nights is the second collection of short stories that Stephanie Perkins put together. I have not read the first collection, but I have read her 3 companion novels, Anna/Lola/Isla. Each of the stories are really lovely and they are some of my all time favorite books. I'm a huge fan of anything Stephanie Perkins so I'm really excited about this book.

My Reviews:
The Trials of Apollo: Words cannot describe how much I love Rick Riordan's writing. His Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Kane Chronicles, and Magnus Chase series are so fantastically written. It is so hard to describe my love for his books without freaking out. His characters and worlds are so addicting and wonderfully done.

My Reviews:

There are also a few other books that I was intrigued by when looking up the books that I had seen on the Harper blog that I wanted to read. Here are some new books that I had never heard about!
  • The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye ~ May 17
  • Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes ~ May 3
  • Wanderlost by Jen Malone ~ May 31 
  • The Fall of Butterflies by Andrea Portes ~ May 10
  • The Last Time We Were Us by Leah Konan ~ May 10
  • This Is My Brain On Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer ~ May 10
  • The Season of You & Me by Robin Constintine ~ May 10
What are some of the books that you are excited to read in May? Comment below!

Have a lovely day everyone! 
Happy Reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@livthebooknerd on BooksAmino



No comments:

Post a Comment