Wednesday, September 28, 2016

{Story Time} My Trip To The Indianapolis Museum of Art



Hey, guys!

      This week I'm going to be discussing my trip to the Indianapolis Museum of Art. I had taken a class called the Summer Bridge Program. It prepared us for starting our first year of college and on the last day of the class we went on a field trip to visit IMA. One of the art pieces that you see right off the bat, is a beautiful exhibit that you see as soon as you walk into the lobby. The piece is called False Ceiling and it was created by Richard Wentworth. As soon as I walked into the building, I kind of geeked out and freaked out the girls I was with. They knew that I loved books and that I was a book-ish person, but it made some of my friends laugh when I would just stare at the art for at least 20 minutes. I'm so glad that I went to the museum. I definitely want to go back to IMA because I didn't get a chance to explore the gardens and see some of the art pieces, but one of the pieces that I definitely have to see in the future is Funky Bones by Atelier Van Lieshout. Funky Bones was mentioned in The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, and I've been really interested in exploring the cool things in Indiana that I haven't explored yet.




      I can't wait to visit this awesome museum again. The art was beautiful and I can't wait to immerse myself in the art that I didn't see in August. My sister took a couple pictures of me when I wasn't looking and my friend Sydney (bless her) took pictures of me from above the exhibit. I loved this exhibit so much. I still fangirl a little bit when I think about it. I actually saw a few of my favorite books when looking through the hanging books, so you might see some pictures of those too.




 




 
 

 

 

 



 

I should have taken more pictures, but alas! I did not. I plan on taking tons of pictures next time I got to IMA. Comment down below if you liked this little storytime posts! I may do more if this get's a good response. 

Happy reading, y'all!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books



No comments:

Post a Comment