Wednesday, October 19, 2016

[TAG] Pokemon Go Book Tag




Disclaimer:  Pokemon Go belongs to Niantic and Nintendo, please don’t sue me.


Original Post: {click here}

By the time this is uploaded, Pokemon Go has probably taken over the internet. The memes will have blown up your Facebook feeds and the Poke-culture will have taken over the 90's and 00's generations...I actually haven't played the game because my device is too old to support the app...I'm fixing that soon...I really want to try Pokemon Go out...Anyway here is the tag!

EDIT: I've started playing the game and it's alright. I only play it if I have like 10 minutes between a class, or if I'm bored, but it's pretty fun. I have some pretty cool pokemon and I think I'm on level 10 after playing for a couple weeks. 

Comment down below the level you're at and your favorite pokemon that you've caught so far.


Rules:
NIL: Link back to Aentee's blog. You may re-use the graphics. Tag people or don't just have fun.
~~~
There are 3 books that I remember reading early on in my life that have shaped my reading tastes.I've shared these books with my little sisters and my little cousins and I encourage them to read them when they start reading for fun. Those books are: The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner, Junie B. Jones & Her Big Fat Mouth by Barbara Park, and Green Eggs & Ham by Doctor Seuss.

The obvious answer is Harry Potter, but if I had to choose an actual literary classic it would have to be Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I absolutely adore L.M. Alcott's writing. She has been very near and dear to my heart for as long as I can remember, but when I actually did my term paper on her life and her writing my junior year of high school, I learned so much about her hard work and dedication to what she loves and I loved her not only as a writer but as a person as well. 
Can I just say that I am sick of the hype around Fifty Shades of Grey? Some people really love this book, but from what I read about it, it just doesn't look like it is written well. Not to mention the subject matter. I'm not really into that genre, but that's just me. I think it's really funny when I see like 5-8 copies of Fifty Shades of Grey in charity or donation shops and nobody picks them up. I think lots of people are pretty sick of FSOG. This is just my opinion, though. 
In the end of last year, I reread the first two books in the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and read the third book in the series for the first time and it really reminded me of Twilight by Stephanie Meyer! It is a very angsty book and I have the whole series on my shelf...Once I got about 50 pages into the fourth book, I put it down and I haven't actually picked it back up yet. It was getting too predictable for me...Someday, though. Until then, I'm going to try to find some awesome books to read.



I'm just going to say.... The Game of Thrones and Outlander books...they are so huge! Middle school Olivia would be jumping through hoops to get her hands on such hefty books, but college Olivia has decided to wait until she can actually commit to such fat books. I would never be able to get into these books at this time. I am so swamped right now. I literally cannot right now....
Uh...A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas!!! Easily my favorite book so far this year. I cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of the series. I'm so glad that this series is going to be made not in a trilogy, but in a six-book-series! When I found out that Sarah J. Maas had released a statement about the series being expanded I literally screamed. I'm not kidding. I screamed out loud! I love this series so much, and I expect that when I reread the first two books in the TOG series and actually read the rest I'm going to love them too. Sarah J. Maas is definitely going to be an auto-buy author for me....
Ha! I have so many OTPs but here are a few of them:
Peeta x Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
America x Maxon from The Selection by Kiera Cass
Feyre x Rhysand from A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Levi x Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
If you haven't followed my blog long, then you ought to know that I am the biggest fan of The Selection series by Kiera Cass and basically anything by Kiera Cass for that matter. I will definitely buy anything that Kiera puts out. She is such a beautiful person. I love her so much. 
Who doesn't love the Percy Jackson spinoffs? I mean nothing could be better than Rick Riordan's spinoffs. He doesn't just write spinoffs, he writes masterpieces. Every book and spinoff are 10/10 fantastic.

Last year, I read an ARC of Material Girls by Elaine Dimopoulos and I absolutely loved it. I still don't have my own physical copy, but I have been planning on buying one for a while. I just loved that book, and it's fantastic and I highly recommend!
When I was compiling this list, I hadn't started The Mortal Instruments series or the Infernal Devices trilogy, but as I type this up, I have already read the first 2 books in the Mortal Instruments series and I've ordered books 3 through 5 on Amazon to binge read the series...I can't wait to complete this series. I'm loving it so much.

Again, any Harry Potter book. It's my dream to go to Europe and collect different editions of Harry Potter to have a cool collection of the books. I love this series so much and I would not hesitate to buy all of the Harry Potter books...but college...so not yet. Haha.
I had to look up some 2017 debuts because I wasn't really up to date with all of the debuts that will be coming up, but recently, I bought The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGeeand I'm so excited to read it. It's so beautiful, and I'm so excited to read a new dystopian book. I'm such a big fan of the genre. There's also another book, Blood Rose Rebellion by Roselyn Eves which sounds so fantastic, so I can't wait to read this book.

Okay, I mentioned a few authors above that I had said were auto-buy authors...I forgot about Lure Mods...so yeah...I'll mention those authors again. 
Kiera Cass, J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, Sarah J. Maas, and Rainbow Rowell
All of these authors are such beautiful people and write some pretty amazing books. I can't wait to read what they write next. 

I mean it hasn't been forever, but I can't wait for A Court of Thorns & Roses #3. It's probably going to be my most anticipated read of 2017...Need I say more?
I tag anyone who wants to do this! 
I officially tag:
Maddie & Bee from Heart Full of Books
Jessica & Stacy from Chapter Chicks
Chelsie of Bookish Dream!
Sophie from Seamless Reader
Kristina from Gone Pecan

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books

No comments:

Post a Comment