Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Boxcar Children #1 by Gertrude Chandler Warner FT MY 7 YEAR OLD SISTER BAILEY


A Review by Miss Bailey! (age 7 minus 4 days)


The Boxcar Children #1 by Gertrude Chandler Warner

Page Count: 154 pages
Published on: June 1st 1989
Published by: Albert Whitman & Company
Genre(s): Children's Fiction, Adventure, Classics, Mystery, Realistic Fiction

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon  

Bailey's Rating: 4 stars 








Hey guys!

     During my spring break this week, my youngest sister, Bailey was bored out of her mind and she asked me to read to her. So we took a look at my middle grade books and Bailey asked me to read her The Boxcar Children. I was quite thrilled that Bee wanted me to read this to her, because it was one of my favorites as a child. So, we sat on down and I started to read to her. We read about 2 hours the first night and we got about half way through. Bailey just kept saying, "One more chapter one more chapter!" and it wasn't late or anything so we just read and read. She made me promise that I would read it to her the next day, so I did. One the third day of reading, she ended up getting impatient and took it with her to the lunch table and finished the last couple chapters herself. I am one proud sister! :D I'm so happy that she's getting into reading! Now she's reading the second Boxcar Children book by herself, and loving it! 


Here's the Q&A between Bailey and I to determine why she gave it 4 stars:

Q: Bailey, on a scale of 1 star to 5 stars, 5 being the best and 1 being the worst, what would you rate your book? ...5 like its one of the best books you've ever read and 1 being the horrible-est.      A: 4 stars.


Q: Why 4? What makes it not your favorite? 

      A: It's because the children are lost.


Q: You don't like that they were lost?

      A: Yeah. I like that they were found by their grandpa.


Q: Who's your favorite character? Why?

      A: Violet. Because violets are flowers and I like flowers and violets are my favorite kind of flower.


Q: What was your favorite part of the book, Beetle? 

      A: When they found their grandpa. Because they found someone to take care of them. And they got to keep the boxcar.


Q: What was your least favorite part of the book?

      A: I don't have one.

Q: Are you excited to read the second one? And do you like it so far?

      A: (she nodded)


Read to your younger siblings guys! It's really nice and it introduces them to new stories and inspires them to read! <3




Until next time!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment