Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January 2018 Reading Wrap Up + Currently Reading


Hey, guys!

     This month has been a crazy productive reading month.. but not really. I've been working on reading Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo for the longest time, but I've also managed to procrastinate everything with graphic novels! Hooray! I've also managed to finish 2 books for my classes and read too much boring textbook stuff. Today I'm going to share with you what I'm reading and listening to and about the books I read this month!


  1. Quests For Glory (The School For Good & Evil: The Camelot Years #1) by Soman Chainani
    • 4.5 stars
    • Review coming soon!
  2. Rebel With A Cupcake by Anna Mainwaring
    • 3 stars
    • Review coming soon!
  3. A Good Cry by Nikki Giovanni
    • 3 stars
    • This was an ok poetry and prose anthology, but there were only 3 poems that I actually liked enough to be excited about them.
  4. Turn of the Screw by Henry James 
    • I HATE THIS BOOK
    • I will not review this book. It would be a giant bash fest + uneducated psychological assumptions. 
  5. Friendship to the Max (Lumberjanes #2) by Noelle Stevenson
    • 4.5 stars
  6. Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy Volume 1 by Chyna Clungston Flores
    • 4.5 stars
  7. The Faust Act (The Wicked & The Divine #1) by 
    • 5 stars
  8. Fandemonium (The Wicked & The Divine #2) by 
    • 5 stars
  9. (The Wicked & The Divine #3) by 
    • 4 stars
  10. (The Wicked & The Divine #4) by 
    • 4 stars
  11. (The Wicked & The Divine #5) by  
    • 5 stars
  12. (The Wicked & The Divine #6) by  
    • 5 stars
  13. Chip Zdarsky 
    • 4 stars
  14. A Terrible Plan (Lumberjanes #3) by Noelle Stevenson
    • 4 stars
  15. Two Worlds, One Cop (Sex Criminals Volume 2) by Matt Fraction & Chip Zdarksy
    • 3 stars
  16. Don Quixote Book 1 by Cervantes
    • I DON'T LIKE THIS BOOK EITHER! This was for class.
    • I will not review this book. 
      I'm really behind on reviews, but I'm working hard to get some churned out. School takes up all of my time and I barely have any time to read at all. The only reason I could read this much was because I took a 5-hour break to binge the graphic novels. I really should have done my homework that day... Oops...


Currently Reading:


I also really wanted to show you guys the books I'm currently reading. There are quite a few and most are for classes, but whatever. Here they are!

  1. Girl Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
    • CR // 91/169
    • I've already read half of this book for my second literature class and I actually really enjoy it. This book instigates a great discussion on mental health and mental health in the 1960s. 
  2. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
    • CR// 246/546
    • I've been reading this since the beginning of January, but school has stopped me from fully allowing myself to be immersed in it. I really want to continue, but every time I continue, I get irresponsible and want to just sit down and read instead of doing homework. I looove it though. I can't wait for a break to finish it. 
  3. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
    • CR// 0/329
    • I'm starting this book this weekend for one of my literature classes, so hopefully, it was better than Don Quixote... 
  4. Sass & Sorcery (Rat Queens Volume 1) by Kurtis J. Wiebe & Roc Upchurch
    • CR// 46/128
    • I started this today to pass the time before my hair appointment and I'm intrigued to say the least. 
  5. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
    • CR// 305/374
    • Reread + first time listening buddy read with my boyfriend
These don't include the books that are on my currently reading shelf that I've put on hold. I'll get to them, but I'm still waiting.

I'm really excited to finish these books. 

What did you read in January? What are you going to read next?

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment