Thursday, April 23, 2015

Undertow by Michael Buckley

Page Count: 384
Published on: May 5th 2015
Published by: HMH Books for Young Readers
Genre(s): YA, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Dystopian, Romance
Source: ARC given to me by my school librarian, which was given to her by HMH Publishing

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon  

My Rating: 5 stars









Goodreads synopsis:

       Sixteen-year-old Lyric Walker’s life is forever changed when she witnesses the arrival of 30,000 Alpha, a five-nation race of ocean-dwelling warriors, on her beach in Coney Island. The world’s initial wonder and awe over the Alpha quickly turns ugly and paranoid and violent, and Lyric’s small town transforms into a military zone with humans on one side and Alpha on the other. When Lyric is recruited to help the crown prince, a boy named Fathom, assimilate, she begins to fall for him. But their love is a dangerous one, and there are forces on both sides working to keep them apart. Only, what if the Alpha are not actually the enemy? What if they are in fact humanity’s only hope of survival? Because the real enemy is coming. And it’s more terrifying than anything the world has ever seen.


~~~~


       Hey guys! HO-LY CRAP!!! I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK. SO. MUCH! This is definitely going to be one of my favorite book I've read this year! GAHHHH!

       Undertow follows Lyric Walker. Lyric Walker's life is turned upside down when she witnesses the arrival of the Alpha. The Alpha are creatures that came from deep in the ocean. They resemble humans but they have the traits of different and strange sea creatures. The Coney Island area, The Zone, becomes a segregated military zone. Lyric's school started a program where 6 Alpha's are enrolled there. This causes mayhem and riots and even deaths to those who befriend or sympathize with the Alphas. Undertow is full of action and it was so original! I haven't read anything like this and I loved it so much! 

       I loved everthing about this book! I really couldn't find anything wrong with it! Michael Buckley is truly a master! His debut YA novel is fantastic! You will love this guys!

       I cannot wait to read what Michael Buckley writes next! I've loved his work since middle school when he wrote the Sisters Grimm series! I plan on reading as many of his books as I can! 

My Favorite Character: Lyric or Fathom
Least Favorite Character: The governor or Fathom's father and step-mother

NERDS

  1.  NERDS: National Espionage, Rescue, and Defense Society
  2.  M Is For Mama's Boy
  3.  The Cheerleaders Of Doom
  4.  The Villan Virus
  5.  Attack of the BULLIES

I have yet to read the NERDS series....


UNDERTOW COMES OUT MAY 5TH!!!


Enjoy guys! 
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment