Monday, April 6, 2015

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han


The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

Page Count: 276
Published on: May 5th 2009
Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Source: Library
Genre(s): Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Young Adult, Romance

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

My Rating: 4.5 stars


Goodreads synopsis:

      Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

~~~

Hey guys!

     Jenny Han has done it once again! The Summer I Turned Pretty follows Belly, who goes with her brother and her mother to Cousins Beach every summer to spend time with her mother's best friend and her two sons. She's spending the summer before she turns 16, with her family and friends. There's a love triangle, of course. The love triangle is between Belly and the two boys, Conrad and Jeremiah. 

    I really loved the flashbacks that were incorporated into the story. It explained Belly's feelings and it explained the different plot points. I really liked the relationship between the boys and Belly. They were total boys, and they acted like her legit brothers. They were so cute! But by the end her relationship between the boys was kind of hostile because of her boyfriend. They were somewhat distant and just plain mean to Belly. They were going through a lot, which I understand, but they shouldn't have taken it out on Belly. She was hurting almost as much as them. 

    Over all I really liked The Summer I Turned Pretty. I read most of it in one sitting yesterday (Happy Easter!). Jenny Han creates really cute and three dimensional characters. The only problem I had with it was that sometimes the boys were stupid sometimes. GREAT JOB JENNY HAN!


My Favorite Character: Belly
Who I Shipped Belly With: I can't decide! 

I cannot wait to read the second and third books in the Summer Trilogy!

I hope you guys enjoy The Summer I Turned Pretty as much as I did!

Until later guys!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~





No comments:

Post a Comment