Thursday, August 31, 2017

August 2017 Book Haul


Hey, guys!

      I've done so well this month and I basically haven't bought any books! I did let myself splurge right before school started, so that's where two of them came from. My boyfriend and I went on a mini-adventure to the city and went to the nearest Barnes and Noble. We spent probably two and a half hours in there and I know that I had a blast. I can't speak for him, but he came out with some goodies as well. I love Barnes and Noble! Here are the books I bought (2) and received (3). 

Bought/Received 

  • Night Shift by Deb Gliori*
    • Thank you
    • 4 stars
    • Review coming September 12
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
    • Reread/Current read/Buddy listen
    • Previous rating: 4 stars
    • Review: {click here}
  • The Gunslinger by Stephen King
    • TBR
  • I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up For Education & Was Shot By the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb
    • Currently reading for my university's book club
  • First Came Forever by Annie Woods*
    • TBR - thank you, Annie Woods, for sending me your book!
*review copies 

Text Books:

  • Utilitarianism by John Stuart Mill
    • Already finished...I hated it. 
  • Aristotle the Nicomachean
  • It's Not News, It's FARK by Drew Curtis
  • Technopoly the Surrender of Culture to Technology by Neil postman
  • Moral Tribes: Emotion Reason and the Gap Between Us and Them by Joshua Greene
  • The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
  • Grendel by John Gardner
  • Beowulf
  • The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
  • Revolutions in the Atlantic World: A Comparative History by Wim Klooster

I can't wait to read these books. I mean....only a couple of my textbooks look good, but oh well. I can't wait to read the books I picked up/received for me. 

From Barnes & Noble: 2
From School: 1
For School: 10 (waiting for +2)
For Review: 2

Number of Books I've Read: 3
Number of Books I'm Currently Reading: 4
Number of Books Unread: 8



Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~

Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository @LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino

No comments:

Post a Comment