Tuesday, August 8, 2017

{Review} The Demigod Diaries (Heroes of Olympus Companion) by Rick Riordan

12959086
Page Count: 244
Published on: August 14, 2012
Published by: Disney-Hyperion Books
Genre(s): Fantasy, Mythology, YA, Adventure, Short Stories, Middle Grade 
Source: Hardback - personally purchased secondhand
Age Rating: MG/YA
Where To Find It: Goodreads // Amazon // Book Depository
Twitter@camphalfblood


My Rating: 4 stars






Goodreads synopsis:

What dangers do runaway demigods Luke and Thalia face on their way to Camp Half-Blood? Are Percy and Annabeth up to the task of rescuing stolen goods from a fire-breathing giant who doesn't take kindly to intruders? How exactly are Leo, Piper, and Jason supposed to find a runaway table, dodge a band of party-loving Maenads (who just might be a little psychotic), and stave off a massive explosion...all in one hour or less? With his trademark wit and creativity, Rick Riordan answers these questions and more in three never-before-seen short stories that provide vital back-story to the Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson books. Original art, enlightening character interviews and profiles, puzzles, and a quiz add to the fun in this action-packed collection.

~~~

Hey, guys!

     This was the first book that I read for the booktube-a-thon and it really kick started my reading progress throughout the week. This book was an amazing refresher of the Percy Jackson world. I didn't realize how much I missed the world until I read this collection of short stories. 

      I absolutely adored the short stories in this book. I loved hearing about pre-PJ Luke, Thalia, and Annabeth. It was so interesting to read about what they went through before they made it to Camp Halfblood. 

      Leo's story was just flat-out hilarious. I just love his character so much. After reading Leo's story, I just realized that I really miss the Heroes of Olympus books (and the Percy Jackson books, but LEO AND NICO ARE MY FAVORITES!). I just really need to do a reread of all of the books, but I don't have time! I also have other books I have  to read soon, so that's an issue. I remember last year I planned to do a big reread in August, but it never happened. Oh well. 

I'm rambling...Let's get back to this review! 

     I really enjoyed Percy and Annabeth's story as well. I just adore their relationship and I'd read anything about them... their day-to-day --all of the boring little details in their lives. I want it all. I just love them so much. 

     I think this little paragraph needs to be an appreciation moment for Martha and George. They are probably some of the funniest characters in the Riordan books. I love them and they are perfect. Hermes better appreciate. Give them all the rats. 

     Haley Riordan is such a talented writer. I loved his short story and I expect great books from him someday. I loved his serious tone and the insight that he had on the Mist. Alabaster is such a badass and I really want to know more about his character and how he would affect the series and the world. I think Haley was 16 when he wrote the story, but the internet says he's 22 now. That's so crazy! 

     This was such a great refresher of the Percy Jackson universe. I really need to do a huge binge/reread of the books. If anyone would like to do that in December or something, let me know. I'll need the PJ vibes to get me through finals. 

My Riordan Reviews: 

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository @LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino

No comments:

Post a Comment