Wednesday, August 23, 2017

[Currently Reading] Late August~September Reading Plans


Hey, guys!

    This week I actually haven't gotten much reading done, however, I've been getting back into the swing of things and doing my best to start this year right...so this means less time devoted to reading. This also means I'll try to post 3 times a week, but I can't guarantee that it will happen consistently over the next couple weeks. There's a 3 week period where I allow myself to get used to my new routine and get a solid system down. Once I get a good system down, I'll set up a consistent schedule for reviews and such. Please bear with me!

    Okay, so if you've read my last blog post about my excessive amount of books on my currently reading shelf, and I've finally made an exact reading plan/TBR. Of course, I'm not going to force myself to read whenever I do not have time, whenever I'm too tired, or whenever I'm just not feeling it. I will, however, do my best to finish these books before starting another. Anyway, here are the books and my progress with them. I'll also include the texts I've already started for classes.



For Fun CR:

  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
    • 61% through
    • So far, I adore this book. Once I finish the rest of these books, I'm going to be bingeing this series. 
  • Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor
    • 20% through
    • This book is really intriguing, but I really wanted something more fast paced. I'm excited to go back to this one.
  • Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels #1) by Anne Bishop
    • 35% through
    • I started this because someone said it gave them ACOTAR vibes and SJM loves this series. So, I just had to!
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare
    • 54% through
    • I've also been working on this for a while. I just haven't been in the mood to continue with the Shadowhunter world. I know I will later. 
  • Uprooted by Naomi Novik
    • 66% through
    • This has been on my shelf for two years! I recently checked this out from the library so I can actually finish it. 

Buddy Read/Book Club:

  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
    • 47% through
    • I'm currently listening to this with Alex. It's his second time listening and my first time listening/second time reading. I love this book. 
    • My 2015 review: {click here}
  • I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education & Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai
    • My university has chosen this book for their August diverse book club pick. In early September, we're going to go see Malala speak at a university a couple hours away. I'm really excited. 

School Texts

  • The Odyssey by Homer
    • 2% through
    • I'm reading this for my literature class. We're not reading the whole thing, so I'm not sure if I'll count it as even read. Probably won't be included in my Goodreads challenge. 
  • Utilitarianism by John Stuart Mill
    • 37% through
    • I hate this so much. I hate philosophy and I've only gone to 2 meetings for the class. I'm not

      As I'm typing up this blog post, I am currently reading Heir of Fire as my active read. I plan on finishing it by the end of the weekend and starting up I Am Malala. Once I finish those two books, I'll go on with the rest of the books, starting with the books I'm farthest in and just keep going. So...here is that list, I guess.
  1. Heir of Fire
  2. I Am Malala
  3. Uprooted
  4. City of Glass
  5. Daughter of the Blood
  6. Strange the Dreamer
Because I'm reading Ready Player One with Alex, I'm not adding it to the list. We just listen to it when we're in the car and out and about. 

If you think I should read these books in a different order or if you have a suggestion for my next read after this batch, then comment below!

Happy Reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository @LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino


No comments:

Post a Comment