Thursday, August 3, 2017

{Tome Topple #1} TT August 2017


Hey, guys!

      You're probably confused. I am too. I'm terrible at keeping up with the read-a-thons that take place during the summer...well I'm terrible at even keeping them on my radar. The BookTube-A-Thon is my #1 (so far), so I just have my notifications on for it...Anyway! I decided to take part of the Tome Topple read-a-thon!

      Of course, I'm posting this really late! I just realized that Tome Topple was a thing, so I decided to join last minute. I don't know much about this read-a-thon, but I'm currently doing a bunch of research and watching all of the TBRs. I'm not taking this readathon as seriously as I did with the BooktubeAThon, as I am about to prepare to go back to university. I really want to get to a good chunk of my TBR, so what better way than to get into the chunky ones that I won't get to throughout the school year?

Before I get into my TBR, I'm going to leave the reading challenges, the hosts + social media, and the readathon's social media below. I'm so excited to join the bookish community in reading these awesome chunky books. 

~~~

Information:

Date: August 4-17

Basically, this is an awesome readathon where the goal is to read as many chunky (500+ page) books as possible. 

Twitter: @tome_topple 
Goodreads group: {click here}

Challenges: 
1. Read more than 1 tome 
2. Read a graphic novel (still over 500 pages!)
3. Read a tome that is part of a series 
4. Buddy read a tome
5. Read an adult novel
** Bonus Challenges: check out @thoughtsontomes on Instagram **



Hosts: 
Samantha: {click here}
Adriana - {click here}
Sarah-Jane - {click here}
Sian - {click here}
Ish- {click here}
Caz - {click here}
Emma - {click here}

My (Super Chill) TBR:

  • Terrier (Beka Cooper #1) by Tamora Pierce
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare
  • Seraphina (Seraphina #1) by Rachel Hartman
  • Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor

     I don't think I'll actively try to do the reading challenges, but I'll definitely check out the Instagram challenges and see if I can do any. I'm such a sucker for picture prompts. My overall goals for the two weeks before I go back to school are to just read as much as I can (before I can't) and write as many reviews as I can (before I fall behind on writing again). I hated posting less on here this past year, but school comes first! I'll post a life update before I go back to school. I'll update you all with information regarding my book buying ban, my major, my work plans, and all that jazz. Tweet or DM me with any questions that you have! 

My Actual TBR: {click here}

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository @LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino


No comments:

Post a Comment