Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August Wrap Up



Hey, guys!

      This month, I read 13 books! Woo! I read a butt-ton of books before school started, but once school started I only read 1 book. To be honest, my first week of school wasn't even a "first week" because my hometown was hit by 8 tornados on my second day...and then campus was closed for the rest of the week. So this week is my first actual week of school. I finished a book and a ton of homework during the 5 days that I wasn't at school, so that's cool too! You can check out my reading updates on Twitter or Goodreads if you chose, but here are the books that I read this month!


  1. Awaken by Skye Malone+
    • 3.75 stars
    • Review going up: September 29
  2. Harry Potter & the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, & Jack Thorn
    • 5 stars ???
    • Review going up: September 13
  3. Never by Shay Lynam+
    • 4 stars
    • e-book
    • Review going up: October 11
  4. The Drowning of Arthur Braxton by Caroline Smailes
    • 4 stars
    • Review going up: September 22
  5. Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell
    • 5 stars
    • Review going up: October 20
  6. (DNF'd) The Tormented Witch by J.C. Beckham
    • 1 star
    • 81 pages read
    • Review going up: September 20
  7. Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur (not shown)
    • 3 stars
    • Review going up: October 18
  8. {August BOTM} Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw
    • 4.5 stars
    • Review going up: September 8
  9. (DNF'd) The Álfaerën Legacy by Marc Jacobs
    • 1 star
    • 45 pages read
    • Review date TBD..might not even get a review...comment below if you'd like a review!
  10. Recoil by Joanne Macgregor
    • 4.5 stars
    • e-book
    • Review going up: September 6
  11. After You by Jojo Moyes
    • 4.75 stars
    • Review date TBD
  12. InSomnus by Molly Fennig
    • 1.5 stars
    • Review date TBD
  13. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 
    • 5 stars
    • Review date TBD
Currently Reading: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare 
    • 100-ish pages in!

Total Pages Read: 3,730 (including the pages I've read in DNF'd books and my current read)


Favorite Book Read: Either The Cursed Child or City of Bones

Least Favorite Book Read: Well, I DNF'd 2 books this month, but I'm not going to include these books because I didn't completely "read" them. My least favorite book would have to be, unfortunately, InSomnus.

Genre Read The Most This Month: Contemporary/Realistic & Paranormal!

How many books did you read this month? Which was your favorite? I'd love to know!

I hope you all have a fantabulous September! Stay tuned for my September TBR on Saturday the 3rd & the LivTheBookClub BOTM announcement which will be announced on Friday the 2nd! But if you cannot wait, message me on Goodreads, join the group, and I'll send you the official announcement!!!

ALSO! The live show for the book club discussion for Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here will be live on Sunday, the 4th between 4 and 5 PM EST! Don't forget to tune in to discuss the book with us!


Click {here} to join!

You can also follow us on social media!

Instagram: @livthebookclub
Twitter@livthebookclub

Facebook: {click here}



Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books


No comments:

Post a Comment