Wednesday, August 24, 2016

[TAG] The Olympics Book Tag



Hey, guys!

      I was tagged by the lovely Carlisa to do this tag. I had no idea that this tag was even a thing, but when I looked through the questions I was really eager to do this tag. I'm not really following the results of the Olympics, but I really respect the athletes that have worked so hard to get to where they are now. Here is the Olympics Book Tag!

Opening Ceremonies

A book you loved from the first page:


Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
If you've followed my blog for long, then you'd know that I absolutely adore Fangirl. This is one of my all-time favorite books. I relate to this book so much and I love love love Rainbow Rowell's writing.
My Review: {click here}

Cycling

favorite road trip book:

836478

Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer
I just recently read Rules of the Road in July and really loved it. It was one of those books that really surprised me. This is such a great book and I recommend it to any contemporary lover.
My Review: {click here}

Triathalon

a book with a good love triangle:


The Selection by Kiera Cass
Holy crap I love this series. Words cannot describe my love for these books...well I could attempt, but I guess you should just check out my reviews because I cannot even.
{click here} #1-3
{click here} novellas


Handball

a book you really didn't get:

24737347

Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix
I read this book at the beginning of the year, and while it was pretty entertaining, I wasn't too impressed with the story. I'm not sure what genre it's supposed to be..I'm not sure what it is at all haha.

Beach Volleyball

a book set in the summer:

18189606

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
I read this quite a while ago, but this book is one of my all time favorites. I love Morgan Matson's writing and I can't wait read everything she releases.
My Review: {click here}

Fencing

a book with bloodshed & fighting:

2767052

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I've been a fan of Suzanne Collins for the past 6 years and I can't not use The Hunger Games for this part of the tag. It's the perfect book for it!
My Review: {click here}

Gymnastics

a book with a lot of plot twists:

17927395

A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Oh my gosh, this is my favorite book that I've read this year! There were so many twists and turns and I never knew what would happen next. I love Sarah J. Maas's writing and I can't wait to read her Throne of Glass series.

Swimming

a book that made you sob:


Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Do I have to explain? This book was heartbreaking...I can't wait to read After You which I got in the mail from Penguin in early August. I love Jojo Moyes's writing. 
My Review: {click here

Golf

a slow paced book:

13089710

The Kill Order by James Dashner
This book was so boring for me. I could barely get through it. I basically skimmed a good chunk of the book because I wasn't interested in the new characters. This was just really slow and I didn't like it at all.
My Review: {click here}

Trampoline

a childhood favorite


The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley
I adore this series. Michael Buckley is one of my favorite authors and I've loved everything that he's released. His book Undertow was just as fantastic. Michael Buckley has a talent for making up stories!
Undertow Review: {click here}

Equestrian

a book featuring animals:

161887

East by Edith Pattou
This is my all time favorite retelling of East o' the Sun, West o' the Moon. I've reviewed many a retelling, but this is the best one I've ever read. I love this book and this story. I highly recommend this book.

Hurdles

a book you struggled to finish:

25944381

Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard
I read this in the beginning of the year and really struggled with understanding the characters. It had been almost a year since I read Red Queen and I didn't remember much about the characters which screwed up my reading experience. I'm sure that when I reread Red Queen to read Glass Sword I will reread it to understand it fully. 
My Review: {click here}

Synchronized Swimming

a book with a great friendship

17838528

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
I just recently read this book for the Biannual Bibliothon and I absolutely loved it. Morgan Matson did not disappoint! I just loved the friendship group in this book. It was so realistic and sweet. I also really loved the relationship between the main character and her love interest. 
My Review: {click here}


I tag anyone who wants to do this! 
I officially tag:
Maddie & Bee from Heart Full of Books
Jessica & Stacy from Chapter Chicks
Chelsie of Bookish Dream!
Sophie from Seamless Reader
Kristina from Gone Pecan

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books


No comments:

Post a Comment