Monday, July 24, 2017

{Book-Tube-A-Thon 2017} TBR



Hey, guys! 

Once again, I'm putting my TBR up really late! It's already 10:45 AM on Day 1 of  booktube-a-thon and I haven't really read anything. I stayed up and read 13 pages for the first sprint, but I've had a long weekend so I needed sleep. 

I've been taking part in the BookTube-A-Thon since the summer of 2015, so I'm so excited to do my third summer BTAT! I've been waiting for this all summer! I really want to read 7 books this week, but if I don't get my butt in gear, it won't happen! Today I'm going to type up the two reviews for this week and then I'll get cracking on my reading. I'm so excited to do some sprints tonight!!!

Ariel (from Ariel Bissett) released the challenges a couple weeks ago, so if you'd like to check out the video I'll leave the links you'll need!

BTAT Website: {click here}
BTAT YouTube Channel: {click here}
BTAT 2017 Intro Vid: {click here}
Reading & Video Challenges: {click here}
BTAT Pick: {click here}
IG Challenges: {click here}
BTAT Twitter: {click here}


Here's My TBR!






1/ Read a book with a person on the cover.

The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy: A Handbook for Girl Geeks by Sam Maggs

I started this on a whim when I got it on Saturday. I think it will be super cute and a bit informative too.




2/ Read a hyped book.

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

This book is raved about by Tasha from Tashaopolis, so I'm so excited to dive into this one.
15839976

3/ Finish a book in one day.


Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne

I've been such a fan of A.A. Milne's creation for the longest time...well since birth... and I'm so excited to go back to the world of Winnie-the-Pooh!


235597

4/ Read about a character that is very different from you.


Marlena by Julie Buntin


This book deals with teen consumption of drugs, alcohol, and other dangerous substances; along with teen suicide. I'm interested to see where this book will go. 
30199414

5/ Finish a book completely outdoors.

I'm banking on Winnie-the-Pooh to get me through that challenge. 


235597


6/ Read a book you bought because of the cover.


I don't usually buy books because of the cover. I'm frugal enough that I buy books because I've either: heard of them and genuinely want to read them, I love the author, it's a part of a series that I plan to read or have yet to finish, or because I've already read it but want a finished copy/my own copy.

I guess I'll have to pick The Ever-Never Handbook by Soman Chainani. It has all of the qualities that I've mentioned above (I love the series and author, I wanted to read it, it's a part of the SFG&E series, and I wanted to read it before Quests for Glory came out) not to mention it has a gorgeous cover!


27203016



7/ Read seven books.


All the Feels by Danika Stone

The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan

I picked All the Feels because I'm always down for a contemporary, a nerdy protagonist, and a fandom fueled plot. I'm so excited for this book. The main character's name is Liv!!!!

I picked The Demigod Diaries because I love Rick Riordan, I've been needing to read this, it's short, and there's a short story by his son Haley. I just need this in my life. Maybe this will convince me to do a reread of the series. I really want to read and discuss them with everyone. I need that nostalgia!


12959086   29222548



I'm so excited to dive into these! Join me on Twitter to do some reading sprints this week!

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino


No comments:

Post a Comment