Monday, July 31, 2017

{Summer BookTube-A-Thon #3} Wrap Up & Day-By-Day Update


Hey, guys!

      This past week was so much fun! I was actually really busy, surprisingly. I wasn't expecting to do much when it came to participating in this readathon, but I actually was pretty active in the Instagram (bookstagram) challenges and I did quite a few reading sprints throughout the week. I couldn't actively do the sprints, but I did some. Last year, I was really into the sprints, but this year I found myself doing the sprints for about 45 minutes and then just binge-reading my books. 

     This week I managed to read 6 books. Next year I'll read the seven, but this year it wasn't meant to be. The last couple days of booktubeathon were much busier and I was getting slumpy. I'm actually writing this up Monday afternoon and I'm majorly slumpy. I have two books I'm actively reading and neither are doing it for me. I have another book I'm considering starting, but I have 8 books on my "currently reading" shelf on Goodreads, and that is just excessive. It's time to finish those books!



The Books I Read & Finished:





  1. The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan
    • 4 stars
  2. The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs
    • 4 stars
  3. All the Feels by Danika Stone
    • 4.25 stars
  4. Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne
    • 5 stars
  5. This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills
    • 5 stars!!!
  6. The Ever Never Handbook by Soman Chainani
    • 4.5 stars

Challenges:

1/ Read a book with a person on the cover.

The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy

2/ Read a hyped book.

This Adventure Ends

3/ Finish a book in one day.

All the Feels

4/ Read about a character that is very different from you.

The Demigod Diaries

5/ Finish a book completely outdoors.

Winnie-the-Pooh

6/ Read a book you bought because of the cover.

This Adventure Ends

7/ Read seven books.

THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN BUT IT WILL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!

~~~~
Week Day-by-Day:

Monday
~I finished The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan at 11:58PM
~I didn't participate in any of the BTAT bookstagram challenges, but Emmie and I got really competitive and we decided to do a couple more challenges together this week.

Tuesday:
~I finished The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs around 11AM 
~I got about 1/2 way through All the Feels by Danika Stone 
~Emmie and I managed to create a *gorgeous* picture for Day 2 #btatoldfave (bookstagram). It features Grimm's Fairy Tales and has a bunch of gorgeous flowers around it.

Wednesday:
~I finished All the Feels right after work ..such an adorable book. I recommend to all of my nerdy, fangirl friends
~I got 2/3 of the way through Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne it's so cute and it fulfills the challenge to read a book completely outside!
~I DNF'd one of my TBR books: Marlena by Julie Buntin. I just wasn't into it.
~I started This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills! 

Thursday:
~I finished Winnie-the-Pooh outside! I had at least 10 ants explore my legs
~I started Seraphina by Rachel Hartman via audiobook  I have this book in print as well, but I wanted to listen and paint today.
~I read about 100 more pages of This Adventure Ends under my belt.
~I posted 2 pictures today on Instagram. One was for the cosplay challenge, so go give it a like! The other was another pic that Emmie helped me take.

Friday:
~I finished This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills (It's going to be one of my favorite books of the year, I'm sure.)
~I got about 15 more pages into Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
~I finished The Ever Never Handbook by Soman Chainani (I really want to reread/binge the trilogy again).

Saturday: 
~I had a pretty eventful Saturday, but not a very good reading day. I spent my day with my lovely boyfriend and the evening with his family at a baseball game. I didn't get much reading done, but I already had 6 books read, so I wasn't worried. 
~I got about 10 more pages of Seraphina by Rachel Hartman read
~I got about 60 pages into The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
~The Instagram challenge


•Sunday:
~The last day of the booktube-a-thon! Today I spent the day with Julia. We did our live discussion of book club book of the month: The Glittering Court! You can check out the hour long live show on my Instagram page!
~I read about 40 pages of The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler 
~I listened and read Seraphina for about 2.5 hours...just until midnight and I read about 60 pages
~I was dead tired by 11:45PM, so my plans to stay up reading 'til 12 did not happen. I went to bed and didn't look back. 
~The Instagram challenge


Number of Pages Read: 1,750

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository @LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino


No comments:

Post a Comment