Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Bookish Movie Night Essentials


Hey, guys!      

      Who doesn't love a great movie night? One of my favorite things to do on a Friday night is to curl up some where comfy, grab a snack, a friend, and a great movie. 

      I, personally, absolutely love to watch book-to-movie adaptations and Disney films with anyone that I can snag. However, book-to-movie adaptations hold a place near and dear to my heart. The Hunger Games, for example, have a fantastic quartet of films that follow the trilogy of books very nicely. The film cannot always be perfect, but when it manages to make you reminisce over your favorite characters or scene.

The idea for this blog post was sparked by PureFlix. PureFlix is a wonderful movie and film site that has an amazing selection of family friendly films. There is a wonderful selection to chose from and films for everyone.


Displaying olivia_movie_checklist.jpg


Movies:

  •  Beauty and the Beast (original & new)
Image result for beauty and the beast movie posterImage result for beauty and the beast movie poster

Beauty and the Beast will always be one of my all time favorite films. When the new adaption came out this past winter, I was so excited to see it and I wasn't disappointed. I managed to see it twice in one day and then I bought the DVD when it came out, so you can bet that I'll watch it frequently. 
The Essentials: tissues, jelly beans, a warm drink


  • The Harry Potter movies
Image result for harry potter movie posterImage result for harry potter movie poster


Need I explain the fantastic qualities of these movies? They are absolutely spectacular and will be one of my favorite book series and movie franchises until I fall over and die. I grew up waiting for these movies to come out and I grew up reading the books over and over again. These are the books that got me into reading and actually started my passion for discussing and writing about books. Harry Potter is where it started and it's not where it ends, but it will definitely be something I will love all my life. 
The Essentials: butterbeer, chocolate frogs, hot chocolate, Berty Botts Every Flavor Beans, tissues, and somewhere to cry



  • The Little Mermaid (Disney)
Image result for the little mermaid movie posterImage result for the little mermaid movie poster


I'm really not sticking to any kind of theme when it comes to these movies, but The Little Mermaid has been my favorite film since I was just a baby and it has never lost it's spot on my personal movie chart. It will be and always be the best Disney film. I dread the day that they remake The Little Mermaid because they will probably ruin it or have a terrible cast. I will cry.
The Essentials: salt water taffy, an iced beverage, tissues, something salty

~~~
Thank you, again, to Pure Flix for the wonderful graphic and blog post prompt. They are currently offering a free, one-month trial – you can check that out here. They offer a wide variety of family-friendly movies and there’s something for everyone!


Happy reading!
Olivia 

~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino


No comments:

Post a Comment