Wednesday, January 25, 2017

[TAG]: The Avatar the Last Airbender Book Tag



Hey, guys!

      It's that time again! I've been dying to do this tag for a while, but I just haven't had the time! I absolutely adore Avatar. It's been one of my favorite shows for years. I highly recommend that you guys watch this show because the art is fantastic, the voice actors are hilarious, the story is so addicting and captivating, and who doesn't love a fantasy world?

Created By: A Clockwork Reader
Graphics: Dreamland Book Blog

~~~

Water header

Katara & Sokka: Best Sibling Relationship

Sabrina & Daphne Grimm from The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley

Who doesn't love a sassy sister duo? This middle grade series is such a compelling and addicting series to read. I've been such a huge fan of Michael Buckley for the past..what? 10 years? And I'm always finding myself rereading these books. I'm actually long overdue for a Sisters Grimm reread, so that might be coming up soon! 



Yue: Favorite star-crossed lovers


Maxon Schreave and America Singer from The Selection series by Kiera Cass

If you've followed my blog for very long, you'd know about my fangirl obsession revolving around the Selection series. This series is just so beautiful, and America and Maxon just fit each other so well. I love their love story so much and I recommend this series to absolutely everyone. It's so fantastic.
Reviews
Books 1-3: {click here}
Book 4: {click here}
Book 5: {click here}
The Novellas: {click here}
The Siren: {click here

Blood Bending: A book with a disturbing/unsettling concept

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I've only just read this book for my literature class, but wow was it twisted. The Handmaid's Tale takes place in an apocalyptic version of the United States (now Gilead). In this world, women have no rights and are basically sex slaves for the government. Need I go on? Anyway, it's a really interesting novel, but totally twisted. It's one of the few books that I actually liked reading for a class.  

Review to come.


Earth header



Toph – A character who’s strength surprised you/or surprised the other characters in the book


Essie from Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis

When going into Stitching Snow, I had no idea that I would be meeting a character that was a secret cage fighter. Not only was she a cage fighter, but she is so smart and a total badass! I just loved her character throughout this book. I actually reviewed this book yesterday if you'd like to check that out. 

Review: {click here}



The Tales of Ba Sing Se – best short story/poetry collection




Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass

Okay, I'm actually not sure what to put for this one because I haven't been impressed with the short stories or poetry collections that I've read, so I'm just going to say Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass because it's a collection of novellas and I love them so much.

Review: {click here}



Kioshi Warriors: Best warrior character

Inej from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Holy cow this book was so great. I can't wait until I get my hands on Crooked Kingdom. The characters in this book were so fantastically written and I was captivated by all of their stories. The ending of this book made me gasping for more. Inej, especially, stood out to me. Her story was so tragic, but she was so strong. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

My Review: {click here}


Fire header



Zuko: Best redemption arc/a redemption arc that should have happened

How about a redemption arc that should have NEVER happened? 

Gideon from Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw

I hated Gideon in this book. I mean he could have been totally dreamy to some people, but to me he was a stuck up, selfish little brat. I never wanted Scarlett to end up with someone like him. You can read more about how I hate him in my review! 

Review: {click here}


Iroh: Wisest character


Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling


Even though Dumbledore is kind of controversial these days, I would still say that he is a very wise character. I really loved Dumbledore all throughout the books and films. I can't wait to see a younger Dumbledore in the Fantastic Beasts movies. I just love that this world is being revisited.

The Cursed Child Review: {click here}
Fantastic Beasts Review: {click here}


Azula: Best downfall


Clarkson Schreave in The One by Kiera Cass

I mean this is kind of twisted, but I was so glad when Clarkson was overthrown. He was so awful all throughout the books and I couldn't wait for Maxon to take over. He's such a great character.

Air header


Appa: Favorite fictional animal


A Niffler 

from Fantastic 
Beasts and Where To Find Them by J.K. Rowling


Right now it has to be a Niffer from J.K. Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. I didn't think that one of the creatures was going to steal the spotlight from Eddie Redmayne in the movie, but the niffler was absolutely precious and I can't wait to meet more beasts in the next few movies.
Review: {click here}
Image result for niffler


Aang: Purest Cinnamon Roll


Henri from The HeirThe Crown by Kiera Cass


Holy crap I love Henri so much. He is probably one of the sweetest characters I've ever read about in my life. He was so sweet to Eadlyn all throughout the books and he only wanted her to be happy no matter what and I just love him so much.
The Heir Review: {click here}
The Crown Review: {click here}

Avatar state: A stubborn character/a character that struggles with letting go

Louisa Clark from Me Before You & After You by Jojo Moyes

Louisa is probably one of the most real characters I've read in a long time. Her grief so realistic and Moyes' writing is so lovely to read. I can't wait to pick up more of her books. I just love her writing. Even though she's gone through so much heartache, she's still trying to move on and live her life like Will wanted her to. I just love Clark. She's just so lovely. 
~~~

Okay, so that's the end of the tag! I just love Avatar so much, and I highly recommend that you watch this series. It's so fun and the story is fantastic...but don't watch the movie. It is legit trash...not worth it at all. 

I tag anyone who wants to do this tag! This was so much fun, so I hope you guys have fun too!

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books

No comments:

Post a Comment